cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port / transfer from Koodo monthly/postpaid (DIY - step by step)

sy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is a guide from Aug. 20, 2019. Porting an existing number from Koodo monthly plan to PM.

Procedure A: SIM Activation

1. Buy a SIM card ($10) online or at a participating store.

2. Activate the SIM by filling in all the info on this page. https://activate.publicmobile.ca/   When Set-up for Self Serve account, I used the same email that I used for Koodo account with no problem. Someone else said it used to cause trouble when porting.

3. Choose a new number in your area, this is going to be for temporary use only.

3. Follow the instructions and make payment.

4. It took 30 seconds once I submitted the forms for the new number to work.

Procedure B: Porting number from Koodo

1. Sign in your self-serve account that you just created.

2. Click "Change Number"

Capture.JPG

3. Fill in your Koodo phone number, 10 digits, no spaces, click "Check Eligibility" to show the bottom part of the form.

4. I only filled cells with red mark.

5. After submit, it took about 30 seconds for the number switch (from the temporary to my old koodo number) 

6. Within 2 minitues, I received a email from Koodo saying sorry to see me go.

5 REPLIES 5

Jinjangbesi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry: I've post to the wrong post. I've moved to the following post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-from-Petro-Canada-Mobile/m-p/...

zero_gravity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow wish I knew this a week ago

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

More details from the Get Help search:

Choose Phone Number

You can transfer your number from another provider or select a new number. In either case, here’s what you should know:

• With a new phone number, you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.
  • When you transfer or port your phone number from another provider, you can keep your existing number. Before you do, here are some things you should know:
    • Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    • You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    • Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone NumberComplete billing address
First and Last Name of the account holderAlternate phone number
You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PINFirst and last name of the account holder

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
  • If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.
  • If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan or a PC Mobile postpaid plan, you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to our Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.
  • If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Moderator Team. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process:
    • First, create a Community account here by selecting ‘Sign In’, then ‘New User? Register here.”
    • Then, send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. Make sure you provide the number you are trying to transfer, and the port transfer request information you shared at activation.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yup best way to do it

I actually used different email temporarily just in case cause i heard some people had issues with the same email and the same  number so they needed mods to intervene.

Then after port finished i changed the email to my usual one in selfserve/profile/change login

sy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

...from my own experience

Need Help? Let's chat.