This is a guide from Aug. 20, 2019. Porting an existing number from Koodo monthly plan to PM.
Procedure A: SIM Activation
1. Buy a SIM card ($10) online or at a participating store.
2. Activate the SIM by filling in all the info on this page. https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ When Set-up for Self Serve account, I used the same email that I used for Koodo account with no problem. Someone else said it used to cause trouble when porting.
3. Choose a new number in your area, this is going to be for temporary use only.
3. Follow the instructions and make payment.
4. It took 30 seconds once I submitted the forms for the new number to work.
Procedure B: Porting number from Koodo
1. Sign in your self-serve account that you just created.
2. Click "Change Number"
3. Fill in your Koodo phone number, 10 digits, no spaces, click "Check Eligibility" to show the bottom part of the form.
4. I only filled cells with red mark.
5. After submit, it took about 30 seconds for the number switch (from the temporary to my old koodo number)
6. Within 2 minitues, I received a email from Koodo saying sorry to see me go.
Yup best way to do it
I actually used different email temporarily just in case cause i heard some people had issues with the same email and the same number so they needed mods to intervene.
Then after port finished i changed the email to my usual one in selfserve/profile/change login
More details from the Get Help search:
Choose Phone Number
You can transfer your number from another provider or select a new number. In either case, here’s what you should know:
Mobile Phone Number Transfer Landline Phone Number Transfer
|Alternate Phone Number||Complete billing address|
|First and Last Name of the account holder||Alternate phone number|
|You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN||First and last name of the account holder|
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.
Sorry: I've post to the wrong post. I've moved to the following post.