cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port status

Dycbc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I ported my phone number in last night when creating a new account.  I used my old pin, which I'm 99% sure is right.  Incoming calls are still going to my old sim, so if I was wrong and it failed, can I give my old account number to a mod to try again with the port?  Will I be told if it failed?

9 REPLIES 9

Dycbc

All is good, thanks everyone. A mod contacted me yesterday to let me know the port failed. After I gave them my old account number the port completed in under 30 mins.

@Dycbc wrote:

Ah that makes sense, thanks. I'm with Fido prepaid.

Serves me right for being lazy and not wanting to look up my account number!  I sent my account number to the mod team, hopefully that should clear this up.

It's a waiting game now. Only moderators can fix this. I hope they get to you fast.

lonnien

It seems that there isx no support for porting, unless a volunteer mod "feels" like helping.

This seems to be a wild goose chase for me, and perhaps a big mistake.  Sorry to be "negative" but I am being ignored with respect to getting my Koodo number ported.  

Even a simple response of "we are aware" and are working on it, but it seems that nobody isz responsible for support.  They are volunteers and get to pick and choose when they will offer support.

Very sad for such a good idea.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dycbc wrote:

Hi, I ported my phone number in last night when creating a new account.  I used my old pin, which I'm 99% sure is right.  Incoming calls are still going to my old sim, so if I was wrong and it failed, can I give my old account number to a mod to try again with the port?  Will I be told if it failed?

Calls being split like that is normal. Until the port completes the old SIM gets the incoming calls. Usually mobile to mobile can take up to half a day, and other kinds of lines take much longer. It's possible your port is fine if you only did it today. With that said, it sounds like you likely didn't provide the correct information so it is possible port may fail.

Dycbc

Ah that makes sense, thanks. I'm with Fido prepaid.

Serves me right for being lazy and not wanting to look up my account number!  I sent my account number to the mod team, hopefully that should clear this up.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dycbc wrote:

@Dycbc  Who was your previous provider? if it was Speakout then the PIN will suffice. Contrary to what people claim porting a number is not immediate. If there was an issue with the port you would have received a text from PM asking you to contact them. For most other ports the preferred way to setup a port is using you account# and not IMEI or PIN unless the provider does not use account number like Speakout.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Dycbc wrote:

If the port was not successful ported, you could contact mod for help. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you need help with the port then message a moderator.

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dycbc wrote:

Hi, I ported my phone number in last night when creating a new account.  I used my old pin, which I'm 99% sure is right.  If I was wrong and it failed, can I give my old account number to a mod to try again with the port?

If your port has failed you will need to contact the moderators for assistance and let them deal with it.  There maybe some back and forth for account verification but they will take care of you.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.