cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port rogers

divijjain09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently ordered a sim from public to switch to their network. I wanted to know if i could keep the old number i had from rogers to the new plan that i get in public 

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@divijjain09 

Yes you can port in your old number from Rogers but remember to keep the Rogers SIM in the phone and wait for a SMS text to confirm you are porting over to PM. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply with YES. If you miss this step…it will be an extra long process (maybe up to a day or two) for the CS Agent to have this corrected for you.

roberto24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

of course you  can keep your rogers phone number.you only  have to give your account number and public Mobile will be in charge.folow all the instructions and everything is going well 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@divijjain09  

did you receive your SIM from PM yet?  It could take as many as 3 weeks for PM to deliver

Yes during activation, one step is to either pick a new number or request porting in.  You can select port in and the following the steps.

Just a reminder, DO NOT cancel the rogers account yourself.  once porting completed, the Rogers account will be closed.    Also, after you activated with PM and request the porting, you will receive a text from Rogers for your approval and you need to reply YES within 90 min.

Good luck and enjoy PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@divijjain09 

i suggest you to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours..On Sale CAD$3.99 Now

and what you order from public mobile keep it for spare because is take 3-5 week to arrive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@divijjain09 

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

you will be very happy..with a Beautiful Service..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@divijjain09 wrote:

I recently ordered a sim from public to switch to their network. I wanted to know if i could keep the old number i had from rogers to the new plan that i get in public 

@divijjain09 

You can port over phone number during the Public Mobile SIM card activation, or activate with a new number then port it in later.

As long as the Rogers account is ACTIVE.

Check here to see if your number is eligible to port over:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Need Help? Let's chat.