cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port problem- how long to rectify

Linh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched to PM last Friday Sept 27. It’s now the evening of October 2 and no service yet. I have contacted moderators twice. First gentleman moderator contacted me Sunday but did not reply back after I sent him info he required after he did a network update (he said he did). This morning I now have a lady PM on the case. No reply yet- I messaged 11:00 am and again this pm around 5. Does it usually take this long!?! Since I’m still without service will my account reflect this in regard to payment and next due date....I have so many questions...

29 REPLIES 29

@jillyradJail breaking would have no effect on phone number porting.

jillyrad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you Jail Break your  device?

Linh

Ty

Linh

My sim works in his as well as mine☺️. His doesn’t work in mine. This is the second sim we bought for his phone. Now working in the third one. With the first one we just figured it was a fluke, but with the second we thought ‘oh dear, what can it be’ moderator has told me to purchase another one and send it to him and he’ll update it from his end. So I’m thinking we were just lucky enough to get two bad sims. As they say, ‘Third times the charm’! So cross your fingers for me🤞🤞 and send sOne positive vibes

@Linh You have reported that neither your SIM, nor his, work in your phone but both work in his. Clearly there is some setting in your phone that causes the problem.

Please put your SIM back into your phone, reboot the phone and report what message, if any, appears on the phone. 

I suspect you will need to restore your phone so suggest you do a backup now. Restore options are factory reset or restore from backup:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-restore-an-iphone-577630

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Linh

This is the second sim we bought for his phone so it can’t be another bad Sim... can it😮😮

Linh

Yes - I did all those. So I’m thinking it’s account thingy. I switched from a Koodo account(one account number) but with two different phone numbers and it was in one name, mine! Could this be it. my SIM works in his phone and his SIM doesnt work in mine...I’ve just explained all this to moderators so I hope this may be the problem. Life lessons - this is really teaching me patience and how ‘to just breathe’ lol🤞🤞 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

That's a pretty good indication it's your phone or your settings.

@GinYVR is great with iphones.

If you have tried Network Reset, IOS Update, Carrier Update, Airplane Mode cycling, Rebooting Phone, then you've tried everything I know.

@Linh wrote:

I did everything except carrier update- how do I do that? (Pretend you’re answering a 2 year old) 

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:

1. Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier. To see additional carrier information, tap the version number.

Linh

Oh yes I seen that- I swapped SIM cards and his doesn’t work in my phone but mine works in his. I had switched from one Koodo account with two phone numbers - so maybe this is the problem. Moderator informed so 🤞🤞🤞 < these fingers getting tired!! Lol

Linh

I did everything except carrier update- how do I do that? (Pretend you’re answering a 2 year old) 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Linh  go in settings, general , about.  If there is a carrier update it will ask you to update 

Linh

How do I check for a carrier update 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Check your system updates just in case. See if there is a carrier update. Try a network reset. Try cycling airplane mode and shutting off/turning off your phone again.

Linh

Ty ✌️

Linh

We got a good bye test from Koodo and a Helo text from Public mobile when we started all this...old SIM card does not work- no service 

billli

how about your old sim card? does it still work?

Linh

Iphone6. It’s my husbands. Mine is an iPhone 6 and it’s working fine. I just called the number that is supposedly working and I get a quick busy signal...

@Linh wrote:

Thank you. I just got a message from moderator telling me they had done something in their end and to turn the phone off and on. I did it- still not working! Holy moly, eh!?!

What kind of phoone, btw?

Linh

My other phone was within in minutes- 

billli

I just transferred to PM, and it worked in few minutes.

Though I was told it usually takes 2 about hours.

Logined in the account, I even found there was some cost (calling, and data usage).

Linh

Thank you. I just got a message from moderator telling me they had done something in their end and to turn the phone off and on. I did it- still not working! Holy moly, eh!?!

Your account may begin on the day you signed up and had no service. Ask the moderator if this is the case, and ask them for a credit for the days you have waited. They did that for my oldest son who waited 2-3 days.

Linh

Thank you

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Linh wrote:

Koodo

If you are porting from Koodo prepaid, wait for moderator to help you.

At this point, even you are porting Koodo postpaid number, you need to wait for moderator since your port is stuck.

Linh

So Do you think I shouldn’t panic?🤞🤞

Linh

Koodo

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

No it should not, but sometimes it does.

Hopefully they will be back to you soon. Where did you port from?

Need Help? Let's chat.