cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out one phone number, then use existing credit for another port in?

jennhuynh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. New to Public Mobile and i have a question about the port in.

So here's my situation. I ported in a (587) number from Fido a week ago, and got the $40 data plan with a $25 referral credit. Fido called me back with a really good Winback offer. 

1) Can fido port back my (587) number even though I just ported over to PM?

2) If yes to number one, after I port out of PM, i think my account will have no phone number attached but still leftover data for the month and $25 credit for next month. Can i then port in my other (403) phone number and use these credits (and the same PM sim)?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

@jennhuynh, is your 587 number original to Fido (or Rogers)?  If yes, there's a chance they can retrieve the number when Public Mobile releases the 587 number if you were to port in your 403 to your current plan.

I'm not sure if this will work, but the phone number when release from a non-original carrier, goes back to the original carrier (or parent company) for future reactivation.

@jennhuynh wrote:

No Fido will only give me the deal on the line I ported out. They treat existing custmers like crap even though i had 2 lines with them.

Since i can't use those credits, this brings to me another question. I know currently there's a $10 off promotion that ends on Dec 2nd. If i was to buy a new sim and create new PM account, would i have to port in my number right away? Or can i select a new number then port in my (403) phone number after a few days? Basically I want to get in on the deal before Dec 2nd, but won't be able to port in my number until a week later. 

Yes you can select a new number and port in a different number or just change your number at anytime in the future.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jennhuynh

You can port your 403 afterwards...

jennhuynh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No Fido will only give me the deal on the line I ported out. They treat existing custmers like crap even though i had 2 lines with them.

Since i can't use those credits, this brings to me another question. I know currently there's a $10 off promotion that ends on Dec 2nd. If i was to buy a new sim and create new PM account, would i have to port in my number right away? Or can i select a new number then port in my (403) phone number after a few days? Basically I want to get in on the deal before Dec 2nd, but won't be able to port in my number until a week later. 

So to simplify all of this, you either keep your 587 number by porting back to Fido, or you lose your 587 number and get a new number with FIDO for the win back offer, by porting your 403 number into the current PM plan.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@jennhuynh wrote:

So here's my situation. I ported in a (587) number from Fido a week ago, and got the $40 data plan with a $25 referral credit. Fido called me back with a really good Winback offer. 

2) If yes to number one, after I port out of PM, i think my account will have no phone number attached but still leftover data for the month and $25 credit for next month. Can i then port in my other (403) phone number and use these credits (and the same PM sim)?

Thanks

Will Fido not give you the deal if you use the 403 number with them?

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jennhuynh

You can port back out...but when you do the balance will be forfeited..as that account will close..

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@jennhuynh wrote:

Thanks

You can port out whenever you like. 

Make sure that you remove your credit card info before doing so.

Your account will be closed in the porting process and, this being a prepaid provider, you loose any remaining service and funds in the account.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@jennhuynh wrote:

Thanks

Hi,

Here's the problem with porting out numbers. Once you port a number out the account is closed and all credits will be lost. but...

EDIT: I was trying to think of a way around it with a temp 3rd sim but nope, if you were to change to the 403 first then you would lose your 587 number. Sorry.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.