cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out number

ScottRyder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported out my number to Freedom. But my plan was suspended because I was out of the country for a month. 

At freedom, they didn't say anything special but it has been 4 hours since ported my number and it still doens't work. I'm beginning to think it's because my PM account is suspended. I still have access to MyAccount.

Do I have to reactivate my account before porting my number? I don't want to pay for a month of service that I don't use (I already have an active freedom mobile accout now)

What do I do in this case?

I'm still on hold for a person to speak to on PM's customer hotline (I'm a legacy customer) but it has been 45 minutes of hold music....

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304  thanks for the clarification.  

I think it would be great if PM actually did state the changes made.  They "expect/want"  community members to be the front line of interaction, but that is hard when we don't know what has been "fixed"

I know most /if not all my wordpress themes/plugins have a changelog saying what has been  fixed etc. i think PM should do the same.  I am sure this idea was brought up before...  IF PM wants their community to be active and informative they need to inform,  you should not have to play around discovering things.

imm1304

Hi @mimmo!

Sorry your notification got buried so forgot to reply earlier.

I, much like the other Oracles, play around with selfserve and other PM websites.. especially after an outage to see if anything is different.  I happen to have 1 inactive account that is in suspended status and I just decided to check for this functionality out of curiosity.

Brooke(Jeremy before her) does try to update us on the progress being made with a list of things being changed/fixed when she can.  However, its not always possible to keep us in the loop and so we go on discovering a few things on our own.  @NDesai is exceptionally good at it.

imm1304

Hi @Luddite!

I didn't go through all the way.  But I did select a new plan and went to the last step as follows:

From the overview page, click the "Change Plan" link and select a new plan.  

At the bottom of the plan selector, the clickable button reads: "Top up to reactivate plan".  Also, "Change on next renewal date" button is greyed out.  

It appears that they have done some work to make this option available.  

EDIT:  Clicking the "Top up to reactivate plan" button leads to the payment pop-up window.  The amount due are correctly reflecting the new plan price.  

@imm1304 "After the most recent maintenance outage, the selfserve is now allowing the change of plan from suspended accounts."

Are you certain?  It's always been possible to select a new plan and pay for it. It just wouldn't activate before.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@imm1304 great to know. 

I am assuming the star beside your usernameB But how do you know of the changes?

Can you try  encourage PM to say what occurs in the maintenance to the general public? It would be helpful so we can help properly. @Brooke_C any thoughts?

imm1304

@mimmo wrote:

you can switch to a text only plan for 30 days (cheapest) put support needs to do that for you.

not sure if mods can help a you are legasy customer.  

After the most recent maintenance outage, the selfserve is now allowing the change of plan from suspended accounts.  

Legacy customers also have the option to get hlep from the community mods and there shouldn't be an issue accessing their accounts.  

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@ScottRyder your PM account needs to be active in good standing to port out your number. 

If if your PM account has been suspended for less than 90 days then you can still get your number ported out but you will need moderators help to get it activated. You will have to pay for the minimum 30 days of service. 

Please send a private message to @CS_Agent

mimmo

plans need to be active for ports to work. 

you can switch to a text only plan for 30 days (cheapest) put support needs to do that for you.

they might even avtvate it for you so you can port (herd someone say that was done)

not sure if mods can help a you are legasy customer.  

Need Help? Let's chat.