cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out a number and port another one in

pappy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I wanted to port out my number and then port in a different number, would I be able to keep my current account as I have some referral credit on it.   Once I port out my number does my account closes or does my account stay active but just no attached to it or can I get a new number assigned to my account and then port in a number.

6 REPLIES 6

@pappy123 wrote:

So is there a way I can keep my current referrals and port in another number then?

Thanks for all those who replied so quickly.

Sorry, but this cannot be done.  As answered earlier, when you port your number out, your Public Mobile account gets closed.  This is permanent.  Any rewards and balance have already been lost at that point.

You can go into your account and change numbers. You can do this once every 30 days.

Then you can keep your rewards.

@pappy123 wrote:

So is there a way I can keep my current referrals and port in another number then?

@pappy123 , porting in another number is perfectly fine.  It does not close the account and so all rewards are preserved.  

pappy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The account is close immediately after port out is done.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@pappy123 wrote:

If I wanted to port out my number and then port in a different number, would I be able to keep my current account as I have some referral credit on it.   Once I port out my number does my account closes or does my account stay active but just no attached to it or can I get a new number assigned to my account and then port in a number.

Your account will be closed at the moment you port out.

Need Help? Let's chat.