Did you mean: 

Port number

Roachk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to port a number from a koodo account @CS_Agent 

3 REPLIES 3

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

You can port in during initial sign up process or after your account is active.

But it is better to port in after your service is active and working, then port in in the self portal after that.    Because sometimes port in might cause issue, less things to work with.  Smiley Happy

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Roachk 

If this is prepaid, Koodo and PM are using the same back end so their automated number porting system is treating prepaid as the same provider. So you can get an error with the "Check eligibility".  You can get a temp number now and get it switch later. There are also problems like using the same e-mail address as your koodo account. I suggest sending off a message to the moderator team as they will be able to access your specific account information. Click this to send them a message

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Roachk wrote:

How to port a number from a koodo account @CS_Agent 

@Roachk  POSTPAID or PREPAID?

For Koodo Postpaid with a temporary number and the account setup

Your Koodo account must be active at the time of porting.

Go to Public Mobile self-serve, and click change phone # (Under plans I think). Enter the number you want to change to and the name on your account (exactly). Click I am authorized. If it fails message moderator team

For Koodo Postpaid without a temporary number, simply create a new account and port it in using the regular activation system and follow the steps here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Once the port is successful, nothing is required from your end.  Your Koodo account will automatically close, and they should send you a prorated bill.  The temporary number you got from Public Mobile will be deactivated, and your account will then work with the ported number.

It may take some time for all of your network features, data, calls, sms, etc to work. Every 10-20 minutes remove your battery / restart your phone. If it takes more than 2 hours one of the moderators can take a look and see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message

Need Help? Let's chat.