cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been almost a week my port over number from Koodo still not working. I am on a temp number. I powered the iPhone. What do I need to do?

9 REPLIES 9

@allenw wrote:

The temp number will only disappear and successfully cancel once the phone number being ported in has successfully transferred over. 

Wrong. Public Mobile replaces temp number immediately when port request submitted. You're uaing knowledge from another carrier that doesn't apply here.  Telus doesn't do porting like they did at the telecom you worked for.

@Butterflybabe69 wrote:

Contact koodo and let them know you are trying to switch your old number to your new public mobile account and then call public mobile to let them know it's been over a week

The official process for porting a phone number involves having the new carrier do all the work on the custoemr's behalf. I'm not saying that your suggestion couldn't work, but it's the new carrrier's responsibility to get everything sorted out and not the old carrier's.

Butterflybabe69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Contact koodo and let them know you are trying to switch your old number to your new public mobile account and then call public mobile to let them know it's been over a week

allenw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The temp number will only disappear and successfully cancel once the phone number being ported in has successfully transferred over. All of the internal systems belonging to some Telecoms I’ve worked with will not cancel the temporary CTN unless the port in CTN is successful; in the event you submit a port request with the correct CTN but an incorrect account number, it simply won’t fulfill the port request.

@allenw wrote:

You'll have to contact the moderators here at Public Mobile.

Because you're still using your temporary phone number, it means that your original number hasn't successfully ported over. Have you double checked to ensure your Koodo Account # matches the phone number you're trying to port over? An alternative method you can try using is to port over by providing the IMEI of the phone that your current Koodo Sim Card is in; your Koodo number will have to be active to ensure it can be transferred over. You can type *#06# into the keypad where you normally call others to obtain the IMEI of the phone you're using. 

The temp number in use means port hasn't been requested. That is replaced when port is made even if port gets stuck.

allenw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You'll have to contact the moderators here at Public Mobile.

Because you're still using your temporary phone number, it means that your original number hasn't successfully ported over. Have you double checked to ensure your Koodo Account # matches the phone number you're trying to port over? An alternative method you can try using is to port over by providing the IMEI of the phone that your current Koodo Sim Card is in; your Koodo number will have to be active to ensure it can be transferred over. You can type *#06# into the keypad where you normally call others to obtain the IMEI of the phone you're using. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@7742 wrote:

It has been almost a week my port over number from Koodo still not working. I am on a temp number. I powered the iPhone. What do I need to do?

You had wait long enough almost a week.  It is time to contact moderator.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@7742 , was the account containing the number you wish to port active?  You can't port an inactive number.  If the Koodo account is active, then port must have failed and requires a resubmission which only the moderator team can do.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@7742 were you with Koodo prepaid ? Did you receive a message asking you to contact the moderators to complete your port? Is your temporary number with PM?  Can you call/recieve/send calls and texts on your temporary PM phone number ? Is your data working properly on it? Then, please check to see if your Koodo account is still active. Because you failed to activate your port.

@7742 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.