cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number to Public

etang88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port my Fido number to Public Mobile after already opening a PM account. I filled in the ticket a week ago but have not received any confirmation that the information was received. 

5 REPLIES 5

blackmatcha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

** I think they reply faster if you sent your ticket as a general category not the ACTIVATION UNSUCCESSFUL when submitting ticket for Moderator**

I transferred from Fido and successfully ported to Public Mobile two days ago.

Make sure your account is active. In my case FIDO.

You need a sim from Public Mobile and have it activated first with new number and Top up with plan. You will see two options: New Number or Transfer number from your old provider. DO NOT TRY PORTING IT BY YOURSELF.

after that if your new number from public mobile is working (try calling or message to see if it works) chat SIMON automated chatbox link below and wait for his replies:

1) type port request

2.) TRANSFER MY NUMBER AFTER ACTIVATION option

3) Contact a moderator

4) Submit a ticket. Click me!

5) log in your community account in Public mobile - you need new account for this. Its not connected to your main account for Public mobile when you registered your sim card 

6) select issue category:  go to OTHER not the activation unsuccessful

7) select SOMETHING ELSE option

8.) type PORT REQUEST in the box for details

9) verify by My account or by PIN (your choice)

10) after verify Submit Ticket

Link for SIMON automated chat box: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

wait for the moderator reply for the ticket. It will take like one day before they reply in my case. Then they will ask you for details about your old provider.

you can ask me for more info 🙂

etang88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Typing in "Port Request" in the chat is what sent me to fill in the ticket and verification details in the first place.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@etang88 

Also check your messages (and texts) to see if you received a reply from PM.

Once the port is complete, calls and texts to your number will go directly to your PM SIM card. Also your Fido account will be closed automatically.

In the meantime, your Fido account must be kept active until the port is complete.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@etang88 check your sent messages to see if it was in fact submitted. Envelope top right of your screen.  Stay safe. 

@etang88 wrote:

I tried to port my Fido number to Public Mobile after already opening a PM account. I filled in the ticket a week ago but have not received any confirmation that the information was received. 

That's too long under normal circumstances not to have received a response.  I would open another ticket at https://publicmobile.ada.support/chat and type in "port request".

Need Help? Let's chat.