Did you mean: 

Port number from Virginmobile

Randysingh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how I can do this?

9 REPLIES 9

jenjen31
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I ported from Koodo, I activated with a new number. I then went to my account, clicked "change number," and clicked on the link that took me to the chat bot. The chat will give you all the information you need to port your number. This includes creating a ticket for a chat with a moderator, who will contact you shortly with information such as your old account number and phone number. Generally, within 2 hours, your new number will be ported and all there is left to do is make sure everything is working ok!

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Gregmt wrote:

This is not fully correct. If the person wanting to port a number has an online Public Mobile account, they can do the port there. Just click on " change number " choose port , then follow the steps as it asks online. 

@Gregmt hi the port number function is not avaliable in your self serve for a couple of months now,the only way after activation now is to contact a moderator  🙂

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is not fully correct. If the person wanting to port a number has an online Public Mobile account, they can do the port there. Just click on " change number " choose port , then follow the steps as it asks online. 

Currently to port once you activate, you have to contact the moderators and ask them to do it for you. Stay safe 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

First of all to port your number from Virgin Mobile to Public Mobile , you will need to still have the Virgin Mobile account active. If not this will not be possible. If you do have the Virgin Mobile account still active, you can do the port right from your Public Mobile online account. Once you sign into your Public Mobile online account, look to the top right section of the screen. You will see " change my number". Click on this . Then fill out the info as it asks for . You will need your Virgin Mobile account number , the phone number from Virgin Mobile that you want to port  over and attest that you are the authorized account holder of the Virgin Mobile account. Hit submit. You will then get a confirmation text on your Public Mobile phone saying the port was successful if all went well. Once this happens you are all set. Try calling your Virgin Mobile number and your Public Mobile phone should ring. 

Cheers. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Randysingh  Access your Virgin account and have your Virgin account number ready.

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need: Virgin Account Number, Name on the Virgin account and Virgin phone number.
    5. To complete your port-in request, click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator.  Include the info from step 4.

Hope this helps!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Randysingh 

If you already activated your sim, please contact moderators they will do it for you

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

If you didn't activate your sim you will have chance to do it during activation.

Welcome to public mobile

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Randysingh you can either do it at activation or if you have activated you need to contact he moderators to port your number. Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.  Give them the name on the account,  the number to port and the Virgin account number.  In both case your Virgin account number must be active to port.  The port will close it once its complete. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Need Help? Let's chat.