cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number from Koodo prepaid - no response from Moderator_team

splatapus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to Public Mobile. I would like to port over my Koodo prepaid number. This cannot be done in self serve, must be a Public Mobile rep.

I've sent 2 private messages to "Moderator_team", but they have not responded yet. Is there anyone else I can contact for this?

3 REPLIES 3

litt007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure you do NOT deactivate your old/existing account with Koodo until after the number gets ported successfully (and you test it).  They are generally unable to port numbers from accounts that have been deactivated. People make this mistake sometimes, anxious to move on from their old carriers, and save money. 

Be patient with the Moderators, they will answer.  Note it can take 24-48 hours depending on when they receive your request.  Make sure to provide them all the info such as old Koodo account #, name, and phone #; as well as new PM account and phone and pin.  This will help speed the process along and they won't have to query you back and forth as much. Hope this helps.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@splatapus wrote:

I'm new to Public Mobile. I would like to port over my Koodo prepaid number. This cannot be done in self serve, must be a Public Mobile rep.

I've sent 2 private messages to "Moderator_team", but they have not responded yet. Is there anyone else I can contact for this?

@splatapus They will respond. Best to continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port has completed and you can start using your PM sim. Be patient it will happen. 🙂

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@splatapusIt takes them up to 48 hours to respond... so one just have to be patient to save a few bucks.

Need Help? Let's chat.