cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number from Chatr mobile to Public mobile success in 2019/March

WZok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

30/March/2019, I have ported Chatr mobile number to Public mobile. I post my step for PM guys:

1, First must Call Chatr call center to ask your Chatr account number. This account number can not display on Chatr wedsite. It is 9 number like 000123456. (I used Chatre 4 digit PIN code and Chatre number to do the porting, it is not completed successfully, my PM phone with old number cannot receive any incoming calls/text, The outgoing calls/text/data work fine.)

2, Activate the PM sin card, do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number.

3, You may have some problem with porting, like Re-submit correct information to PM again, you need using public mobile account to go to PM community to ask help. contact the moderators through private messaging and have them resubmit the number portability request for you.  That can be done by clicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

4, If your information provided is the correct, the port should be completed within 3 business hours. 

Have a good day !

2 REPLIES 2

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WZok  Thanks for all the information,welcome to PM.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@WZok , number porting requires only account number if you have that available to use.  Thanks for sharing the experience.  Welcome to Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.