cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my number from Freedom Mobile

ronb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just activated my new PM account with a new phone number. Wanted to make sure that everything went well before porting my old number from Freedom Mobile. When I tried to port my number i'm told that this action can not be performed please contact a moderator. I'm new to all this and I keep going around in circles.

6 REPLIES 6

ronb

The moderator got it done, thanks

ronb

Thanks for your response the Mod team were able to port both my wife's and my number.

GregR7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

another option is to simply cancel the existing Public account & number, release it back into the wild, and get another new SIM card and port your number onto that from the beginning.

Note added by computergeek541: This should not be done. There is no way to immediately cancel a Public Mobile account, nor will there be any refund for the plan from the first account. 

@ronb  Yes, as the others have said, at the moment, it's required that you contact the Mod team to get the deed done..... at this point I'm not entirely sure whether it's a glitch, or PM disabled it while making some changes to the system. 🤔 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ronb currently to port you have to contact a moderator. Use this link to private message them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ronb 

if the message you received was to contact the moderators.

Then  go ahead and create a ticket for the porting to be done manually 

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

Follow the steps below:

To Submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterwards click on "No, I want a human and you will see an "Submit a ticket Click me!)

Make sure you include your

• freedom account number, your  full name showing on freedom's bill
  • Also, make sure freedom's account is still active for the port to be completed.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.