cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port my Number

KCorcs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my old number to my Public Mobile phone and it appears to have only worked one way. I receive calls and texts to my old number but when I call or respond, it comes from the temporary number I was given to get started. Help!

3 REPLIES 3

@KCorcs wrote:

I ported my old number to my Public Mobile phone and it appears to have only worked one way. I receive calls and texts to my old number but when I call or respond, it comes from the temporary number I was given to get started. Help!

Your port hasn't been completed or has failed.

Your temporary number should have been replaced immediately with the number that you're porting in.  Until everything is done calling out using either service should be showing the same phone number.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @KCorcs 

How long has it been since you started the port?

If it's more than 4 hours for cell please contact moderators https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Note that landline can take days and voip can take a week or longer

Welcome to public mobile

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@KCorcs  your port is in progress. When did you initiate the port? And from which provider? Thanks.

@KCorcs wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.