cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port is not complete

FrancisC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I just recently ported to Public Mobile on Wednesday, and ported my number from a previous provider. It said it was completed on self serve. received a couple texts from Public Mobile to complete port and contact them but I guess its only done though the community.  I can do everything except get incoming phone calls. I still get the phone calls sent to my old provider which is Virgin mobile. It seems the port has not been completed, as my virgin account is still active as of today. I searched the forums and have pm the moderator team. I apoligize I sent 3 pm's I didnt realize I had to include some personal info until I seached this topic. Anyways does anyone know what I can do? Or how long this process can take? I read it can take up to 48 hrs during their hours and it has already passed that time frame. Thanks to everyone on this forum for your assistance. Have a good Sunday!

Regards,

Francis

7 REPLIES 7

@FrancisC wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just recently ported to Public Mobile on Wednesday, and ported my number from a previous provider. It said it was completed on self serve. received a couple texts from Public Mobile to complete port and contact them but I guess its only done though the community.  I can do everything except get incoming phone calls. I still get the phone calls sent to my old provider which is Virgin mobile. It seems the port has not been completed, as my virgin account is still active as of today. I searched the forums and have pm the moderator team. I apoligize I sent 3 pm's I didnt realize I had to include some personal info until I seached this topic. Anyways does anyone know what I can do? Or how long this process can take? I read it can take up to 48 hrs during their hours and it has already passed that time frame. Thanks to everyone on this forum for your assistance. Have a good Sunday!

Self Serve saying "successful" means nothing.  It does not mean that your number was ported over. This message only means that Public Mobile has received your request and assigned the phone number to the account.  That happens immediately and does not mean that the other carrier has approved the request.  The message is not meant to be any indications of the actual staus of the phone number transfer.

Ignore the instructions in the text message sent to you. There is no "contact us and sim activation form", or whatever they call it.  That text message means that your number portability request has failed.  Since you've already contacted the moderators, it's now a waiting game. 

FrancisC

Hi tbark, 

Thanks for the additional Information. The support definetly provides confidence. I'll wait it out and hopefully it all goes well.

Regards,

Francis

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once the port is complete, your acct will close with them automatically. If it is still active, then the port is not complete and explains the issues you are having. As noted above, it is probably a stuck port and only the moderator team can and will look after it for you.

FrancisC

Hi mimmo_L,

Thanks for the response, I still have my virgin sim and checking to see if it still works or not. Funny after I ported Virgin sent me a text with an exclusive offer to upgrade. I just don't want them to think I still want my virgin account active. I'll wait it out and see when I can no longer use my virgin sim. Thanks again for the response.

Regards,

Francis

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just use your old sim till mods get to your ticket and complete the port .  

As long as you sent your account number and name on account they should be able to complete it.

I would advise having both sims on hand so when your virgin phone stops you can pop the pm one. Or carry two phones around.

FrancisC

Hi KMG,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll wait it out a bit and follow up here.

Regards,

Francis

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks like you have done everything right.  You just need to wait for the Moderator Team to respond.  Response time is about 48-72hrs these days, unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.