cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in issue

aw5rac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having issues with my port in. It was activated 2 days ago but port in not completed

12 REPLIES 12

@Carlos7 wrote:

Thank you 

It's been over 48 hours 😳

@Carlos7   You can call the Porting department for an update and request the text to be sent again.  Of course, make sure you have the old SIM in the phone to receive the text and reply with 90 mins

You have the number already?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlos7 wrote:

Thank you 

@Carlos7 

call the provided phone number, it is possible to get help from there. As far as I know there where some issues with the porting system, national wide in the past days, maybe this is the reason why your port was not processed properly,

@Carlos7 

Call the telus porting department with your account#. Put your bell sim card back in your phone to receive the PAT (porting authorization text). I will private message you the phone number.

Carlos7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlos7 wrote:

Yes I received it but did not respond in 90 minutes 

BELL needs another request 

I have sent a private email but have not heard back 

@Carlos7 

i hopw they will answer to you, as soon as possible..

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Carlos7

Yes I received it but did not respond in 90 minutes 

BELL needs another request 

I have sent a private email but have not heard back 

@Carlos7 

If you did the steps as I noted. It should work right away but might take up to an hour.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@aw5rac 

Did you do the following in this order?

1. Leave your old SIM in your phone and wait for a SMS text to confirm with a YES you are porting over to PM? You have a 90 minute window to reply once you get the text.

2. Activate the PM on your computer and complete to page 4.

3. Power off the phone once you confirm the text and swap the old SIM with the PM SIM then power on the phone.

Meanwhile, try powering off the phone and wait a few minutes then power on the phone and see if that works.

If you missed any of these steps. You will need to contact a PM CS Agent to restart the process.

Carlos7

How long does this usually take? I asked the same question - porting issues - 2 days ago - phone wont take  calls or texts 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aw5rac 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request..

Transferring A Phone Number, Click Here link

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy...

@aw5rac wrote:

Having issues with my port in. It was activated 2 days ago but port in not completed

Did you receive a text message from your old carrier asking you to authorize the number port?    Also, are you coming from a wireless or a landline company? Landline and VoIP transfers take longer.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@aw5rac wrote:

Go to top of this page and click on Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of CSA assistance. Watch the envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to your questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.