cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in from Fido number to PM

amanpreet29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone

I was trying to port from Fido to PM on Friday night, I got a Generic error while porting in at the last step. Today morning, i got an sms from PM that request completed successfully. But i cant make calls. Can't even login to my account with credentials which i used to activate the sim. Already sent a PM to the @CS_Agent   , anything else that I can do coz I don't have outgoing or incoming access to my phone right now?

11 REPLIES 11

amanpreet29

The support system needs to be improved, i must say. Still to get a reply even after sending my 1st PM on Saturday

amanpreet29

@stonechucker cant login to self serve. and all other steps i already tried

amanpreet29

that's funny.

they charged my credit card already, so i should have the service. but the service is not there

Try powering off, and back on your phone if you haven't already.

Next, if it still doesn't work, sign in to self-serve (My Account) if you've created it.  You will need the security code sent to your phone by Public Mobile to set up a self-serve account if you haven't got one yet.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@amanpreet29 if there's one thing that annoys me is the final step when activating a new line.  I've activated maybe 4 lines for family and every time when I get to the final submit page to activate, it basically freezes on the screen, screen usually goes a bit dark, and I've waited even 10 minutes one time and it didn't change.  So for some reason I decided to hit the backspace on my keyboard thinking maybe I'll be able to hit the submit/activate button again.  And as soon as I did that it then took me to the "congrats/activated" page.  So for the next 3 times I activated for family it did the exact same thing, so I waited about one minute and then hit the back button and each time the same thing happened.  No issues, all phones successfully activated, no issues with service.  Guess I just figured a workaround that seems to be a regular problem.  Not sure if PM should maybe mention this somehow to help with these new activations.  Oh and all 4 activations were ported numbers.

I know this doesn't help you, but maybe it'll help when you refer others.

@Alan_K 

@amanpreet29 wrote:

Tried most of the stuff already. Fido was working until this morning, not anymore

Likely the port is stuck somewhere and the number probably was released by Fido to Public Mobile.  The only thing you can do at this point is wait for the moderator team to fix the porting issue.  Be mindful that response time can be as long as 3 days as there seems to be voucher issues that is creating huge backlogs in support.

amanpreet29

Tried most of the stuff already. Fido was working until this morning, not anymore

@amanpreet29 

As you wait for moderator help, you can try your Fido SIM card in your phone.  For incomplete ports, sometimes your Fido SIM still works.  At least you will have some phone service as you wait for moderator help.  

Probably already tried....  re-boot phone with PM Sim card and even try the SIM card in another phone just to make sure it is PM service issue.  

@amanpreet29I would lay the blame on Public Mobile.. it sounds like your service was not provisioned correctly.. which seems to be quite an often occurances the past few days. However there is nothing you can do once you initiate the activation.

amanpreet29

i did the same for my spouse last year and it worked like a charm then. not sure which end is to be blamed for this delay.

anyway, just gotta wait for a mod to sort this out

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@amanpreet29There is nothing else you can do other than be patient and wait for a response from a moderator. Good luck.

For future reference, I highly recommend breakdown down activation and porting into 2 seperate processes.. only start the porting process AFTER you have activated and verified everything is working. Currently wait time is too long to risk saving a few seconds of doing both together.

Need Help? Let's chat.