cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from company phone number to public mobile

Marpa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am porting my number from my company phone (Bell - transfer approved by company) to public mobile.

I have provided the phone number and IMEI of my company provided phone.

I am now using my personal phone with the public mobile sim and awaiting for the port to be done. How long should this take ?

I am supposed to hand over my company phone ( and the bell SIM inside) so I'm kinda worried this will not be done on time

14 REPLIES 14

@Marpa Welcome to PM and enjoy the saving!!

Marpa

Hi there,

I confirm ! I rebooted and It now works 100%.

AMAZING - sooo happy this got sorted before I return my company phone tomorrow !

Thank you so much for all the help and incredible reaction time !

@Marpa look like Bell already released the number.  Reboot your phone now and I suspect it would work.  (or reboot twice  :)) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marpa : Restart the phone with the PM SIM in it.

Marpa

Hi,

thanks for those info.

So I just tried calling the number you sent via PM....however I cannot place calls anymore using my Bell SIM card as I get a message "not registered on network"...I'm really stuck here !

I would like to know what happened with umbrella account as well.

I think you still get the SMS on your Bell phone.  Try to call PM Porting team first (will private message you) and they will advise if they need further information from you and what stage is at with the porting request

If you need to call Bell, I think you need to call Bell Corporate account support but they might not answer question from corporate staff like you (I called Rogers many time in similar situation but not for porting inquiry) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marpa : It would seem that the port failed. I'm not sure that number and IMEI were the right pieces to supply. I suspect it ought to have been number and account. I don't know if you can try again in the Change Number function or whether you have to contact the moderators or call the porting number that somebody has around here. Like I said...I'm a little hazy on these details.

Marpa

Yes it is very strange...my company phone just showed a notification stating "Sim not provisioned for voice" for about 5 mins and now it's gone and fully working again.

If anyone can help, please feel free I am in a bit of a pickle here 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marpa : Yes on the APN.

I'm a little hazy on umbrella account requirements. I'll defer to other experts in that regard.

Marpa

On a side note, my personal phone with the Public mobile Sim is on the TELUS SP APN, should I select Public Mobile APN instead ?

Marpa

Hi,

Thanks for the very quick answers !

My Bell company number is under an umbrella account handled and paid for by the company ( there are hundreds of phone numbers associated to that account).

Good news is, my IT dept has provided me with the Bell Umbrella account number my phone is attached to - just in case.

I have verified that I did provide the correct phone number but it seems that I'm not getting any text to transfer the number to PM.

Should I contact Bell ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marpa : Yes. If that phone was on from the start and you provided the right information for porting then you should have received a text from them asking to confirm. Was the company account all under a whole umbrella account or was it on its own account paid by the company?

Marpa

Hi,

I have received nothing on my company phone with the Bell SIM ( no text, nothing at all).

I understand I should be getting a text right ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marpa : Did you confirm the port request from Bell on your other phone with the Bell SIM in it?

Need Help? Let's chat.