cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Rogers taking more a day

lpmaple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just signed up to Public Mobile yesterday.  I activated my SIM and successfully ported my Rogers Mobile Number last night.   I can make outgoing calls and the caller ID shows correctly on the person receiving the call.  When the call back my number, it does not connect.

I got a text message last night from Rogers to approve the transfer.  I texted back 'Yes'.

Is there a way to confirm if my number was actually ported ?

7 REPLIES 7

@zomba wrote:

Took a number from Freedom, after 15 mins got notice that my number been successfully transferred.

I've also ported from Wind/Freedom before. It took 32 minutes. I'm not saying that it can't take only 15 minutes, or even less, only that 15 minutes might be a little too optimistic of an amount of time to expect.

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Took a number from Freedom, after 15 mins got notice that my number been successfully transferred.

@zomba wrote:

Contact to Rogers it should not take more than 15 mins.

Where did you get this 15 minute number from? It's not impossible, but not usually the case to be done within 15 minutes. Port ins to Public Mobile are often done in 30 minute intervals from the time of submitting it. Officially, the amount of time that the CWTA gives for porting from one wireless carrier to another is 2.5 hours.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lpmaple  To check if your number was ported reinsert your Rogers sim and test to see if it works. If it does then your port had not been completed. In that case submit a ticket to PM and ask them to resubmit the port since you removed the port lock.

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Contact to Rogers it should not take more than 15 mins.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@lpmaple If you are not receiving any calls or texts, they are still going to your old sim with Rogers. Sounds like a stuck port. A moderator can help you out. Use "Stuck Port" as a subject.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.