cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Chatr

NymaA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I have just activated my new SIM card and am in the process of porting my number over from my previous provider (Chatr). I received the text message which confirms the porting process. I have heard that this entire process can take a few hours, but is there something else I need to do in the meantime? 

I remember seeing a phone number that was posted in this forum about a PM porting phone number to call but I can't find it anymore. Do I have to contact PM with my porting request or is this done automatically?

Thank you in advance for any help

8 REPLIES 8

schultzter

Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I was still able to login and auto-pay was still active about 12 hours later. 

@schultzter  is Chatr still charging you after you port?

usually after porting, the old account with another provider would have been closed.  No extra work needed.  You can confirm by  trying to logon to Chatr ,  either you can't logon as account closed or it would show you closed

If Chatr account was closed but still charging you, then contact Chatr to try to sort it out.

schultzter

I did the same thing, but I have auto-pay setup and can't figure out how to stop it (with Chatr)?! Is there anything I have to do to cancel the chatr service?

NymaA

Thanks everyone, the porting was successful! It took about 30 mins and I received another text message from PM:

"Hey, it's Public Mobile. To successfully complete your number transfer request, please restart your phone. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!".

After I re-started my phone, my old SIM card with Chatr was no longer working, and I switched over to my new PM SIM, which is now working perfectly.

Thank you everyone for the help!

softech
Oracle
Oracle
if you have your PM SIM on the phone, you might want to reboot the phone every 30 mins just to confirm .. but it should come up soon..

Welcome to Public Mobile

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@NymaA , it is best to keep on using the Chatr service until it stops working.  That will tell you the port is complete.  There is really no rush to start using the Public Mobile service since your phone number would still be with Chatr until the porting is completed.  If everything works according to plan, it should be done well within 2 hours, likely 30 minutes.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@NymaA 

It should be automatic.  Nothing else needs to be done at the present. Within a few hours, the port should be completed.  You can keep the Chatr SIM card in your phone. Once the phone does not work, that means that your port is likely done.  Then put in your PM Sim card.  

There is a phone number that is required only if your port fails.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @NymaA ,

I would give it a couple hours if you authorized the port by replying to the text.

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

REMEMBER TO REBOOT.

IF over a few hours and still have some services issues, call the Porting Team at

1-x to assist with your port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.