cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port/Transfer from Koodo Account with Multiple Numbers

geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a friend who has ordered a Public Mobile SIM Card.

Her e-mail address is currently associated with a Koodo Mobile Account # that is then associated with 2 distinct cell phone numbers (one with her name, and one with her daughters). 

Her daughter has a TAB with Koodo and she doesn't intend to do anything to effect that cell phone number or TAB.

She does however intend to port/transfer her cell number from Koodo to Public Mobile when her sim card arrives in the mail.

I realize for Koodo one should just activate the SIM card with a new number, then log into self serve and choose to change the number and then select transfer number from another provider.

I also realize she will likely need to use a different e-mail address to sign up for Public Mobile since her current e-mail address is associated with her Koodo account (which will remain the case, even after porting since she is not touching her daughters Koodo Phone number)

During the number transfer process on the Public Mobile self serve she should specify her Koodo Account number.

My question is, how can we be sure the port/transfer process will port/cancel her Koodo Cell phone number and not her daughter's since they both have the same account number. Is it because she specifies her actual cell number or her name (or both) in addition to the account number?

She definitely wants to port/transfer her number, but not her daughters.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I used my same email from koodo to register here 🙂 definitely doable. May need moderator help with the porting especially with more than one phone number but definitely can use the same email if desired! 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@geogolem ask Koodo what would happen to the account if your friend ports her number and leaves her daughter's there. Stay safe. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@geogolem 

Seems like your friend is good to go. @Naepalm Thanks for the answer because I didn't know how to answer this 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@geogolemHi they will need the account number and the number you are porting they will not close that account since there is more than one number associated to it

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@geogolem It will only affect the one that is associated with your wife's name number. Are both numbers devices associated with your wife's name number? If you port one number, it will not close the other number off. 

How do I know this? When I ported from BELL, I had two numbers under one account. I ported my number then my wires. After I ported mine, the account was still active but only had my wife left on the account. The account did not close until after I ported her number as well. As long as you do not port your daughters' number, then it will not close the koodo account. 

It looks like you have everything else in order as far as the port goes! Welcome to Public Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.