cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Request - SIMon chatbot pop-up/community log in error

klam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received my SIM card and created an account. My SIM card is in my phone properly and all is working, except I cannot receive phone calls. It appears from the message boards that there is an ongoing issue with self-serve porting. I have tried using the chat for help ("port request"), and I am being told to submit a ticket via a pop-up window. However, when I try to log in to my community account through this window, I get a log in error (using Chrome, but have tried in Safari as well). Obviously password isn't the issue as I am logged in and writing this post, but I've also reset my password to confirm. I've also tried pasting the URL into a new tab.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 1.41.12 PM.png

----

edit:

For clarification, SIM card and account was setup last night. It's been well over the 2-3 hours for porting.

7 REPLIES 7

@carmelas78 

If you can't get SIMon to work, send a private mesaage to Moderator_Team by using the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

carmelas78

I am having the same problem I have been trying since last night and no luck still error logging in I just sent a message to the moderator.  

I'm sure other people are experiencing this as well. 

klam

Thanks, wasn't given the alternative in the chat. I've tried incognito and it doesn't work. Cleared cache, also doesn't work. Strangely, the return button doesn't submit either - I have to manually click on the login button.

Guess I'll try messaging directly.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@klam 

It's not community but selfserve account that you must log into

Also give it couple of hours, your old service still works if port is not done

Welcome to pm

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@klam porting can take up to 3 hours to complete. Its a 2 stage process the first allows your to make calls and send texts. The last stage is incoming calls and texts. Place your old SIM , into your phone. You should be able to receive calls and texts. Once it stops your port is complete. Insert your PM SIM and restart your phone. Welcome to PM. .

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@klam wrote:

I just received my SIM card and created an account. My SIM card is in my phone properly and all is working, except I cannot receive phone calls. It appears from the message boards that there is an ongoing issue with self-serve porting. I have tried using the chat for help ("port request"), and I am being told to submit a ticket via a pop-up window. However, when I try to log in to my community account through this window, I get a log in error (using Chrome, but have tried in Safari as well). Obviously password isn't the issue as I am logged in and writing this post, but I've also reset my password to confirm. I've also tried pasting the URL into a new tab.

@klam  If you ported in your number from another provider, it can take up to 4 hours for the port to complete. To receive calls just continue to use your old sim until it stops working. Once that happens you can start using your PM sim and will be able to receive calls at that time.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

"Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work."

It might be an issue with your cache? You can try it in incognito mode. If you use the link to directly talk with them it may take a bit longer. 

@klam wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.