cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Out From Another Telco to My Current PM no. in Use

NuYearNuMobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to keep my current  PM account and number active that I am using right now.

I have another post paid contract that will cancel itself automatically once I choose to port out.

1.Can I port out and will have any effect on my PM account & specifically balance ?

2.Will I have any service disruptions on current PM no. during the port out process ?

3.Finally, I want to keep and continue using my PM number. Is that possible ?

13 REPLIES 13

woweh69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe your account balance will remain as-is. As for the porting, I just ported from Koodo today and it took all of 2-3 minutes after activating my SIM. No disruptions. Hope this helps!

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR 

Is it not possible to have 2 sim cards with 2 different PM numbers and 2 different accounts? Maybe that is what @NuYearNuMobile meant about porting over one number but keeping their current PM number?

@NuYearNuMobile wrote:

I want to keep and continue using my PM number. Is that possible ?

I have a rough time understanding what you are trying to achieve, so here's my take on it...

Your Public Mobile number just stays with the Public Mobile account you have right now?

As for the number with the other provider: Nothing is stopping you no from opening another Public Mobile account with a new e-mail address (or an alias, if you are using Gmail) and port the number from the other provider into this account, as long as it is active with the other provider.

Just a note: if you just want to "park" the number from the other provider, there might be slightly cheaper options than Public Mobile, depending on the time frame and the features you want to keep active.

@NuYearNuMobile wrote:

If I undestood correctly, my PM number will be deleted ?

Once you've ported your other number to PM, yes.

@NuYearNuMobileOnce your number with another provider has been successfully ported in, your existing Public Mobile number will be released.

NuYearNuMobile

If I undestood correctly, my PM number will be deleted ?

@NuYearNuMobileNo it is not possible to use both the number you are trying to port in and your existing Public Mobile number simultaneously on one line.. 1 number / account ie email.

@NuYearNuMobileThat would be known as porting IN.

As for your question, no your Public Mobile balance will stay the same. As for service disruptions, depending on how smoothly the process goes. You should be able to call and text to other people fine.. however other people calling the # you are porting in, will have to wait till the process is complete.

NuYearNuMobile

I want to keep and continue using my PM number. Is that possible ?

@NuYearNuMobile wrote:

No I want to keep my current PM number active.

Hence, I am trying to tranfer an existing number from another provider TO Public Mobile

Then you need to keep that other account active until porting is completed to PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NuYearNuMobile wrote:

I want to keep my current  PM account and number active that I am using right now.

I have another post paid contract that will cancel itself automatically once I choose to port out.

1.Can I port out and will have any effect on my PM account & specifically balance ?

2.Will I have any service disruptions on current PM no. during the port out process ?

There shouldn't be any problems (no guarantees though), but remember to keep you PM account active until you've completed your porting.  Also remove your credit card if you're set up with autopay, because once the account is closed you will not be able to access it without moderators' help.

BTW you are porting from PM to another carrier if I'm understanding correctly?

NuYearNuMobile

No I want to keep my current PM number active.

Hence, I am trying to tranfer an existing number from another provider TO Public Mobile

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NuYearNuMobileIf you port out your Public Mobile account will be closed and all credits forfeited.

However reading the text.. are you trying to tranfer an existing number from another provider TO Public Mobile or You are trying to port your existing Public Mobile to another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.