Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number from Other Providers

xhe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

I'd like to share with you my current port number experience:

1) the link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started to check if your phone works with public mobile does not 100 percent guarantee that your phone works with public mobile network. Especially you purchased your phone out of board.

After port, if you have issues, you can contact your previous provider to confirm if your number is ported out or not. 

Put the public mobile sim card on another unlocked phone to see it it works or not.

2) For port number, it is better to contact your previous provider to get your account number if you don't know. PIN number cannot be accepted some times.

3) Post your issues here and PM to any public mobile mod, and keep following up with them.

Hope all of you port number smooth!

4 REPLIES 4

xhe

If your Chatr account is still active (you still can use chart sim card to make a call). that means PM haven't ported your number over yet. Actaully port only takes a few minutes. 

Open a new post for your issue. Keep you post on the top list. Good luck.

Hina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I followed the steps. My phone is compatible and I contacted my previous provider and they said PM has to port my number. I sent a private message to moderators but no one has got back to me yet and if my number does not get ported today it is going to be an issue since tomorrow is my billing date for Chatr. 

xhe

@Hina wrote:

Hello!

I activated my PM sim last night around 7 pm and ported my number from Chatr. But unfortunately my number has still not been ported and I am unable to get any incoming calls. I have tried rebooting my phone for several times. If you can help me out that would be great.

Thank you. 

Please follow the steps I mentioned above to see what the problem is.

Hina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I activated my PM sim last night around 7 pm and ported my number from Chatr. But unfortunately my number has still not been ported and I am unable to get any incoming calls. I have tried rebooting my phone for several times. If you can help me out that would be great.

Thank you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.