cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number From Koodo To Public

ChrisXF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone!

Could I please request a little help brining my number over? Thanks!!

9 REPLIES 9

@ChrisXF 

Ah yes but that would cost money and that would have to come to somewhere.....we put up with these kind of things so that the prices at pm trend down rather than up. There might be nickel and diming here but its in our favour rather than the other way around. Welcome to public mobile!

ChrisXF

That's interesting behind the scenes knowledge thanks! Still sounds like something that could be fairly readily automated though!

@ChrisXF 

FYI.....a prepaid koodo account phone number cannot be ported in without moderator  assistance because it doesnt actually get ported in. Since telus owns both koodo and pm they share the same back end system. It made financial sense when telus acquired pm to integrate its prepaid accounts into koodos existing system (thus keeping plan prices low)then developing a separate system for pm. As a result your phone number does not get ported out because it doesnt need to be instead moderators simply transfer your number between accounts from your koodo prepaid account to your new pm account.

@ChrisXF wrote:

Righto!

I've activated my SIM and have been given a first number. I am currently with Koodo prepay and wish to port that number. Koodo account is active and as far as I know doesn't have any PAC protection on it.

Looking for a mod to do the magic I think. Not sure why Koodo still can't be automatically ported, but anyways. 🙂

@ChrisXF 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

For future reference: Since solutions are part of community rewards calculations here, it's somewhat frowned upon to give yourself the solution. Specially if it is "just" giving more details to the problem and the correct answer has already be supplied by someone in the first reply.*

If you want to change the solution you can do so in the options menu by clicking the three dots on the right upper corner of your post.

* There are rare instances where absolutely none of the supplied answers helped and the op figured things out themselves, so a self-solution would be appropriate and helpful for other people experiencing the exact situation. But, looking at the flow in this thread, this seems not to be the case here. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will need moderator assistance.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

@ChrisXF if from Koodo prepaid.  You have to activate with a temporary cell phone number and contact the moderators and ask them to port your number over for you. Type " Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.  Give them the name on the account, number to port and the Koodo account number. Please note that your old providers account must be active to port your number. The port will close it once its completed.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

If you are on Koodo postpaid and you haven't activated. You can port at activation.  If you have activated follow the instructions above. Welcome to PM. 

ChrisXF

Righto!

I've activated my SIM and have been given a first number. I am currently with Koodo prepay and wish to port that number. Koodo account is active and as far as I know doesn't have any PAC protection on it.

Looking for a mod to do the magic I think. Not sure why Koodo still can't be automatically ported, but anyways. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisXF 

We need a little more info......

1. Is it koodo prepaid or postpaid?
  2. Have you activated your sim card and taken a temporary number?
  3. Is your koodo account active?
  4. Have you removed any port protection from your account?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ChrisXF wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Could I please request a little help brining my number over? Thanks!!

If you are porting over a Koodo Prepaid number or after you have already activated your sim you will need to contact the Moderators.  To do that click on the "?" in the bottom right hand corner and create a trouble ticket with SIMon the chatbot.

If you plan to port when  you activate your sim you can do that at that time on your own.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.