cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Incomplete, Can’t receive calls

Alkman91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone please help? I ported my phone from bell but can’t receieve calls. Everything else works fine. I started the port 12 hours ago. 

5 REPLIES 5

@Alkman91 wrote:

Can anyone please help? I ported my phone from bell but can’t receieve calls. Everything else works fine. I started the port 12 hours ago. 

This probably means that your phone number has not yet been transfered.  Try your Bell service.  When someone calls your number, your Bell phone is probably still ringing.

When a your request a number to be ported in, Public Mobile assigns that phone number to your account immediately.  Outgoing calls will work right away.  This does not mean that your phone number has been transfered yet.

If your Bell service is a landline, you might just have to wait a bit longer.  If your Bell service is a cell phone, your request should have finished by now, and the request may have failed.

Bell sometimes holds up phone number ports until speaking to the departing customer.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 when porting outgoing calls and sms work immediately. Incoming takes time. Up to 2 hour for cell longer for voip landlines.

And if the wrong info is provided the porting fails.

@slash407 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Alkman91

Are you porting a landline or VoIP number?  If yes it will take up to a week to complete the number port.

hes saying cant recieve calls. How could it work but not on the receiving end??

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alkman91

Are you porting a landline or VoIP number?  If yes it will take up to a week to complete the number port.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alkman91 wrote:

When you say everything else works, fine, does that mean, you can receive text, and using data?

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

It can take a few days to complete depending on which company you are moving from.

Have you checked your phone to make sure it's not in airplane or Do Not Disturb Mode?

You can also try going into your self-serve account and reporting your phone lost, log out, wait 10-15 min, then go back and report it found, this can correct some connection errors.

Need Help? Let's chat.