cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

RYou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I am comparing the Public phone plans and have a couple questions:

- Does the "unlimited" talk and text in the $60 plan include long distance (so that there is no long-distance add-on required)?

- Why do the $25 thru $50 plans have Unlimited INternational Text & Picture Messaging, but the $60 plan does not?  

- Can you switch plans at any time?

13 REPLIES 13

@RYou 

With the $60 plan, you can call both Canada and USA while you are within Canada and USA.

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

You can find more info on $60 plan here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-US-Data-...

RYou

Thanks for responding.  Sorry that I'm being so **bleep** about getting clarification on this, but i have had a few different answers on  this ..... and perhaps it is the way you have worded the last sentence of your answer.

The Canada part seems clear - the $60 plan has no long distance charges for any callls incoming or outgoing in Canada.

THe US part - even though you say they "are considered long distance" I am hearing that they are also covered on the $60 plan (incoming and outgoing).  

Am i correct on these?

Thanks again in advance.

Nothing is ever quite that straight forward. Can’t say you would “never need an add on” because one of the add ons covers LD from within Canada to US as well as some other countries. So just because you have the $60 plan and regularly travel to the US you would still need an add on to call other countries. 

Terry

@RYou wrote:

thank you.  This is the clearest answer yet. 

Is it fair to say that under this plan you really do not need any add-ons if you are travelling regularly to tyhe U.S.?

Yes you are correct.

You do not need the US Roaming add-ons, as they are already included in the $60 plan.

The only time you would consider buying  the US Roaming Data Add-on is if you have already consumed your 2 GB provided with the plan.

@RYou wrote:

I received a couple other responses that both said this: . It includes long distance to USA only.

So which is correct?  

Both are correct.

The calling feature for all current PM plans is Canada-wide. So only calls to USA are considered long distance.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@RYou  it's free long distance to and from anywhere in Canada and the United States 

RYou

thank you.  This is the clearest answer yet. 

Is it fair to say that under this plan you really do not need any add-ons if you are travelling regularly to tyhe U.S.?

RYou

I received a couple other responses that both said this: . It includes long distance to USA only.

So which is correct?  

@RYou wrote:

Thanks for quick response.  

To be clear on the long distance, does that mean it includes outgoing and incoming long distance calls, whether they are to or from Canada AND the U.S.?  So all calls to or from anywehere in CAN. & U.S. are included?

Yes all those calls are included. The $60 plan is a great plan if you travel to USA on a regular basis.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RYou wrote:

To be clear on the long distance, does that mean it includes outgoing and incoming long distance calls, whether they are to or from Canada AND the U.S.?  So all calls to or from anywehere in CAN. & U.S. are included?

Yes that's right all calls in and out of CAN/US. 

But all plans allow incoming calls from anywhere in the world, although it will deduct from the mins of plans with limited minutes (ie: the discontinued $10 plan with only 50 mins total)

RYou

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RYou wrote:

- Does the "unlimited" talk and text in the $60 plan include long distance (so that there is no long-distance add-on required)?

- Why do the $25 thru $50 plans have Unlimited INternational Text & Picture Messaging, but the $60 plan does not?  

Unlimited mins are for Canada and US talk.  You would need to purchase $15/400 mins add-ons for inernational calls to a limited number of countries.

The wording for the different plans doesn't mean anything, all plans allow international texting.

Plans can be changed anytime but you would need to pay again for the change and would get no refund.  It's always best to select change at renewal option available when making any changes.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@RYou wrote:

1. It includes long distance to USA only.

2. It does. The $60 plan also inlcudes unlimited texts and picture messaging.

3. Yes we are able to change plans, but PM is prepaid so there are no refunds. Best to use the plan for 30 days, since it's already pay for. You can choose another plan (from the list of ones available) and have it effective for your next plan renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.