cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

TICALyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my contact is up for my current provider on July 18th. I was planning on switching to Public Mobile on that day cause they were selling 4.5gb data (3g) for $40/month (I was super excited to switch) but now I see that plan is gone 😕

Will it be back, or should I just sign another contracl and get the new and latest phone free?

11 REPLIES 11

@Dirks wrote:

If you switch providers I  the middle of a monthly cycle, your old provider reimburse you  for the remainder of that month. That's what happened when I switched from Roger's. You should also consider looking at the 90 day plans. You save $2 a month with them. Or you could wait until next month to see if there is an special promotion on. Typically there are going into back to school season 

Just a heads up on credits when closing an account. PM is 100% prepaid and provides no refunds if an account is closed, or the plan changed, part way though a cycle.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

there are tons of promos that happen through out the year. Keep your flexibilty if you plan on making a switch and don't sign a new contract.

Dirks

If you switch providers I  the middle of a monthly cycle, your old provider reimburse you  for the remainder of that month. That's what happened when I switched from Roger's. You should also consider looking at the 90 day plans. You save $2 a month with them. Or you could wait until next month to see if there is an special promotion on. Typically there are going into back to school season 

@TICALyen wrote:

Hello, my contact is up for my current provider on July 18th. I was planning on switching to Public Mobile on that day cause they were selling 4.5gb data (3g) for $40/month (I was super excited to switch) but now I see that plan is gone 😕

Will it be back, or should I just sign another contracl and get the new and latest phone free?

This was a promotion that ended after July 9.  The identical (except for price) is available for the regular price of $45.  Unfortunately, Public Mobile will not tell anyone at this moment when (or IF) the $40 price will ever come back. 

pakmode

Yeah, sometimes it's easier to have overlapping plans and port your number over after your old plan expires, then to try and walk the timeline tightrope between 2 carriers, porting your number and changing your plan.

GreatCanadian

@TICALyen wrote:

I don't see the $40 4gb plan.

Best I see here now is $40 for 2gb.

Right you are!! I didn't realize that the 4GB plan was gone. The next best thing is the 4.5 GB (3G) for $45 with Canada wide calling and international texting (you'll find that plan in "Build your own plan". However, as @will13am stated, you must take the cost of a new phone into consideration if you plan to switch.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TICALyen, if you are getting a free phone with your $40 payment with the current provider, you should stay where you are.  One of the problems with trying to switch right at the end of a term is that you will likely find that there's nothing to switch to.  The promo just ended.  What I with have done was sign up on the last day of the promo and port the number in when the old plan is up.  We are talking about a small number of days carrying two plans.  Working to zero overlap is not practical.  

Promotions do come and go.   If its gone, then its gone.  You can sign up and wait for next one and change your plan when there is new one.

TICALyen

I don't see the $40 4gb plan.

Best I see here now is $40 for 2gb.

GreatCanadian

@TICALyen wrote:

I'm sure there will be other promotions, but one can never be certain. In your case I would sign up for the $40/4GB plan and then just change it when/if a better offer comes along.

GC 

TICALyen

My current plan is the same as what they are iffoffer now (only 2gb for $40)

No no since of switching if it's going to be the same.

Need Help? Let's chat.