Plan

Hungwei103
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I upgrade my 3G to faster LTE?

How do I get help from a real person?

12 REPLIES 12

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Unfortunately you cant upgrade your speeds because that’s how we are all able to get such low priced plans. I don’t think you’ll even notice a difference between 3G and LTE because prior to LTE we all used to use 3G.

@NDesai wrote:

@Hungwei103 Unfortunately, PM no longer offers full LTE plans. Believe it or not, people complaint about throttled full LTE speed a while back. PM ended up fixing it, but found a solution to offer throttled 3G plans. Things have changed ever since :(. Real estate is going crazy, Bitcoins keep on rising, GME is potentially sky rocketing, but we are stuck at 3Mbps and no one knows why at 3. I honestly think PM should increase to at least 5 if not 10 Mbps just to be different from Lucky and Chatr.  

I remember that. I think it usually maxed out at about something between 40 and 60Mbps for me. After the fix, I was able to achieve 300Mbps.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Hungwei103 Unfortunately, PM no longer offers full LTE plans. Believe it or not, people complaint about throttled full LTE speed a while back. PM ended up fixing it, but found a solution to offer throttled 3G plans. Things have changed ever since :(. Real estate is going crazy, Bitcoins keep on rising, GME is potentially sky rocketing, but we are stuck at 3Mbps and no one knows why at 3. I honestly think PM should increase to at least 5 if not 10 Mbps just to be different from Lucky and Chatr.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hungwei103 wrote:

1.  PM does not offer full LTE speed plans.  

2.  PM does not provide call center support.  PM support is provided on this community and moderator team.

Do you mean you want to talk to a PM employee when you say a real person? 

Moderator is PM employee.  You can access them by creating a support ticket using the chat bubble on the bottom right hand corner of this page.  Communication between you and moderator are provided by the private message system.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hungwei103 

You would have to switch to another provider.

We are all real people on this forum - at least most of us are.  🤣🤣🤣

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hungwei103 

Unfortunately, the lower tier carriers like PM, Chatr and Lucky are throttle down to 3G.

If you want LTE/4G, you will need to switch to mid tier (Koodo, Fido, Virgin) and top tier carriers (Telus, Rogers, Bell).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Hungwei103 

4G LTE throttled to 3G speeds is the best you can get at pm but you can switch to the 3G network in your phone and get an average of up to 12mbps depending on network conditions (mostly time of the day).

You can contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and choosing the issue thats suites your problem and typing human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Hungwei103  YES  @Dunkman has got you covered for your answer.

FYI: All online support here, can be obtained in two ways:

1. On this Community Forum where fellow customers, like yourself, help out one another with tons of knowledge ! AS the other Posters answered your questions within seconds. Try getting that when you call another cell phone provider 1-800 number.
  2. Public Mobile Representatives - the Moderators: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hungwei103 you can switch your device to HSPA/3g this is not throttled like LTE is

speedtest 3g.jpeg

speedtest lte.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hungwei103 : There's no official way to get full 4G LTE data.

The support people are only accessible by typing. They're real enough...just not by voice. They're called the moderators around here. Click on the cartoon quote button on the lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot and eventually you'll be able to send something to a human that would reply back.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Hungwei103 wrote:

@Hungwei103   Sorry not possible.  All current PM plans only offer 3G speeds.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Hungwei103 

Unfortunately, Public mobile does not have any LTE speed plans at the present time.  Public mobile data is LTE connection, but capped to 3G speeds.  

There is no point contact moderator/PM employee since there is no LTE plans to discuss with Public mobile.  

If you really need LTE speeds, you will need to switch to another company like Koodo, Telus, etc.  

Need Help? Let's chat.