cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not working; Talk/Text/Data all not working

nikkijpat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my sim card yesterday, but didn't test it until today and nothing is working. It says I have a zero balance and no talk, text, or data. However, my account says I do and that everything was charged appropriately.

At first it was not charged correctly and my plan was never applied, then this morning it seems to have fixed itself that way. I even got a text this morning with "Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed!" and I can see the charges applied on my account. However, still nothing works. If I try to call a local number, it tells me "You don't have a long distance add on and this number is not covered by your plan." However, my plan is "unlimited US and Canada calling."  Please advise, thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

@nikkijpat wrote:

Since I've messaged @CS_Agent , my crazy account details have been rectified but I still get no service. Hoping they don't see that part fixed and think I no long have a problem.

@nikkijpat  Just need to be patient the will reply back. If you don't hear back by the end of day, maybe send them another message tomorrow.

nikkijpat

Since I've messaged @CS_Agent , my crazy account details have been rectified but I still get no service. Hoping they don't see that part fixed and think I no long have a problem.

nikkijpat

I see bars and the Public Mobile network, but get have an Android System notification to "Sign in to Network." if I click it, it takes me to a page saying I have a zero balance.

No calls, texts (except from Public Mobile), or data of any kind.

I've restarted multiple times, tried the lost phone trick multiple times, and also tried the airplane mode trick. All with no luck... still no word from moderators.

@nikkijpat wrote:

Yes, everything looks correct and the right plan is selected and marked as active. There is not longer any indication on the account page as to something being wrong. I just get no service.

@nikkijpat  Should work. This is a long shot but might be worth a try. Select airplane mode on your phone wait for 5 minutes and turn it back to normal. If it doesn't work then the only one that can fix it is the moderator. They probably need to reset you account from their end because something got messed up. Hope you hear back from the @CS_Agent  soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikkijpat wrote:

Yes, everything looks correct and the right plan is selected and marked as active. There is not longer any indication on the account page as to something being wrong. I just get no service.

If things looked odd but now don't then maybe another restart.

Does your phone show connected to anything? Bars? Network?

Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet?

Edit: It seems odd that you activated but then it says you renewed. Somethings up.

nikkijpat

@nikkijpat wrote:

First thing this morning, the next bill date and current balance were way wrong. But then it fixed itself eventually and I got a message saying "thank you for your paymeny. Your plan has been renewed". Now everything looks correct, but still no service. The airplane thing didn't work either. 

@nikkijpat  That usually happens when you have added funds in your account but haven't selected a plan yet. When you sign-in to your account do your see the correct plan on your landing page?

nikkijpat

First thing this morning, the next bill date and current balance were way wrong. But then it fixed itself eventually and I got a message saying "thank you for your paymeny. Your plan has been renewed". Now everything looks correct, but still no service. The airplane thing didn't work either. 

@nikkijpat wrote:

I get an automated message system that tells me my next bill date and current balance, etc. Then a bunch of options, but none that seem like it would help.

@nikkijpat  Is the next bill date and current balance info correct? Does it match what shows online? One more thing to try is put the phone in airplane mode for about a couple of minutes and then switch it back. Any change?

nikkijpat
Available Funds: $12.00
Payment Due Date (AutoPay): Jun 8, 2019
Automatic Payment Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any available funds will be applied first.       Check Your Rewards
AutoPay is active on this account

3mom

@nikkijpat when is your bill cycle? perhaps there is a slight inconsistency and the moderators will be able to adjust the issue. What does it say when you log in online to your account? It could just be a matter of topping up your account with a few dollars and not a complete months bill. 

nikkijpat

I get an automated message system that tells me my next bill date and current balance, etc. Then a bunch of options, but none that seem like it would help.

@nikkijpat wrote:

Sadly, this didn't work. I messaged the moderator's this morning, but still haven't heard back. So disappointed.

@nikkijpat  When you dial *611 from you phone what happens?

3mom

@nikkijpat, sometimes the moderators are extremely backlogged with tons of issues, but they will get back to you within 24 hours time. Sometimes sending them multiple messages bumps your message further back. Be patient and someone will definitely get back to you.

nikkijpat

Sadly, this didn't work. I messaged the moderator's this morning, but still haven't heard back. So disappointed.

nikkijpat

Tired this twice, no luck. I had messaged the moderator's this morning but haven't heard anything

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nikkijpat wrote:

I activated my sim card yesterday, but didn't test it until today and nothing is working. It says I have a zero balance and no talk, text, or data. However, my account says I do and that everything was charged appropriately.

At first it was not charged correctly and my plan was never applied, then this morning it seems to have fixed itself that way. I even got a text this morning with "Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed!" and I can see the charges applied on my account. However, still nothing works. If I try to call a local number, it tells me "You don't have a long distance add on and this number is not covered by your plan." However, my plan is "unlimited US and Canada calling."  Please advise, thank you!

@nikkijpat  Restart your phone to see if it's fixed. If it's still an issue notify the Public Mobile team for help.To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nikkijpat 

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status active?

If yes, your plan features may not be provisioned correctly.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@nikkijpat Try going into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone. If that doesn't work try adding $1 to your account, wait a few minutes and restart your phone.

If it's still not working you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.