cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan date change - sort of?

kyem15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a question - If I originally signed up on say the 20th of a month, but then I wanted to change my plan start date to the 30th of the month,

is it possible to do so , or am I without a phone for those 10 days and when I renew on the 30th I only have 20 days of my plan.

13 REPLIES 13

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What @mimmo said would work for you. If you add the money whenever you can it won't matter what your renewal date is. I have 4 lines and add money each payday. All 4 lines have different renewal dates, and one is a 90 day plan.

GC 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can add funds to the accounts whenever you like it could even be by using 10$ vouchers every week for example. As long as there are enough funds in the account at renewal date the plan should renew.  Not sure if this idea helps with the dates you have to work with though. And as mentioned the renewal date moves around  a little each month.

jp2

If in the future you were going to pay for all 3 plans ensure you aren't using the same card to pay all lines on the same day or you may run into issues 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kyem15

For the month with 31 days, the renewal date will be back 1 day.  Therefore, the renewal date will move back 5 days every year.  i.e. if you changed the renewal date to the 30th, one year later, your renewal date will be on the 25th day.  

@kyem15, it sounds like you need a monthly plan, and post-paid at that.

Public Mobile is a prepaid service, and if at the end of your cycle you haven't paid for renewal, services are cut off immediately, until you pay again, and the cycle starts on that new date.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@kyem15 wrote:

Its not actually me that wants to do it, its my father.

We both got set up with Public on June 20th and I was supposed to be paying for both phones out of family allowance every month, things have changed and I wont have the ability to pay for 3 phones on the 20th ( other half is also a public mobile and needs renewal on the 20th as well) and my father is on disability so he only gets money on the 30th of every month. 

Why I am questioning this is with my past history with Chatr mobile it didn't matter when I renewed my plan - whether it was the day it ran out or 10 days after it ran out I was paying fo a full 30 but the renewal date stayed the same. 

for example.

my chatr plan was set up on the 28th of october 2 years ago, every month my phone ran out at 3am eastern time on the 28th of november. if I left my phone until the 5th of december I was out those few days but I still had to renew my plan on the 28th of december. 

PM is not like this it would be the 4th of January (30 days), but as everyone has stated there will be moving dates since it is a 30 day plan and not a monthly plan.

With public mobile, the plan renews every 30 days (not same day each month).  Renewal date can be changed by either renewing earlier (with moderator help) or later date by letting the plan expire.  

kyem15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Its not actually me that wants to do it, its my father.

We both got set up with Public on June 20th and I was supposed to be paying for both phones out of family allowance every month, things have changed and I wont have the ability to pay for 3 phones on the 20th ( other half is also a public mobile and needs renewal on the 20th as well) and my father is on disability so he only gets money on the 30th of every month. 

Why I am questioning this is with my past history with Chatr mobile it didn't matter when I renewed my plan - whether it was the day it ran out or 10 days after it ran out I was paying fo a full 30 but the renewal date stayed the same. 

for example.

my chatr plan was set up on the 28th of october 2 years ago, every month my phone ran out at 3am eastern time on the 28th of november. if I left my phone until the 5th of december I was out those few days but I still had to renew my plan on the 28th of december. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@kyem15, you really don't get to select your plan start date, other than the day you sign up.

All plans are 30 or 90-day cycles.  There are no set months. You can top up whenever you wish ahead of your renewal date, but the cycle remains constant on 30 or 90 days.

jp2

You could chang the date by letting your account go into suspension and losing service for that period lime you said or you could renew early but that would cost you extract because you you forfeit most of the month if you just paid on the 20th. 

Why do you want to do this? I'll just point out because the plans are per 30 days and not monthly your payment date will always be moving 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to do that and will get the full 30 days from the time you start again. You would just be out of phone for those 10 days.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kyem15

It can be done, but not so easy.  You either have 10 days without plan or you lose 20 days on the active plan.  You can renew earlier by need the help of the moderator.  Since public mobile is prepaid, you will lose the remaining plan since they don't prorate their plans.  So, you can pay on the 20th and then also pay on the 30th to reset plan renewal date.  

If you explain the situation to a moderator, they might be able to help with your request.  

smp99

it doesn't really matter

The plans at PM are 30 days (or 90), not monthly. So any month that is not 30 days the renewal date will be shifted accordingly so the day of the month is changing as the year goes on. You can't select a date and expect it to stick. 

Need Help? Let's chat.