cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan active and connected but no calls or data allowed?

dhigger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

(Solution below) I reactivated my plan by topping up. I can connect to the PublicMobile network, but any call I attempt to make results in a recorded message saying that I need an add on for long distance calls, in spite of my active plan including Canada-wide calls! Similarly, any internet browsing automatically loads a PublicMobile page which has a list of reasons why data might not be working, but none of these apply.

• My plan is Active in my account - the next payment date is weeks away
  • APN for data is correct
  • Tried suspending service then re-enabling after a few minutes and rebooting the phone (the Lost/Stolen phone feature/trick) - no effect

What eventually worked was adding another $5 to my account. Now everything is turned on, no other changes were made.

Rather annoying that I can be paid-up by PM refuses to provide the service paid for until I pay them extra cash which I might not eventually use.

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhigger 

Yes. That's the other "trick" around here. Deposit another nominal sum and it somehow kick starts the service. If you had a cc on file then you could've done just a dollar. But it sounds like you used a voucher and that's the smallest amount.

Good job. And thanks for reporting your success.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dhigger wrote:

(Solution below) I reactivated my plan by topping up. I can connect to the PublicMobile network, but any call I attempt to make results in a recorded message saying that I need an add on for long distance calls, in spite of my active plan including Canada-wide calls! Similarly, any internet browsing automatically loads a PublicMobile page which has a list of reasons why data might not be working, but none of these apply.

• My plan is Active in my account - the next payment date is weeks away
  • APN for data is correct
  • Tried suspending service then re-enabling after a few minutes and rebooting the phone (the Lost/Stolen phone feature/trick) - no effect

What eventually worked was adding another $5 to my account. Now everything is turned on, no other changes were made.

Rather annoying that I can be paid-up by PM refuses to provide the service paid for until I pay them extra cash which I might not eventually use.

@dhigger  The extra $5 that you loaded in your account will be automatically used up during your next renewal and AutoPay will only charge for the remainder. So to answer your question the $5 will get used up. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.