cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messaging

RHemphill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your $15 per month plan with unlimited picture text is not true. Two pictures used up 10mb. 

6 REPLIES 6

@geopublic No moderator assistance is required. If the iPhone use iMessage to send the picture that would incur a valid data charge. If it goes out as MMS, there will be no data charge.

The 5Mb "quirk" has been reported many times. It occurs when a iPhone, at least, connects to a network. I see it when I travel as well.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RHemphill wrote:

Your $15 per month plan with unlimited picture text is not true. Two pictures used up 10mb. 

@RHemphill  If you have an iPhone then that's why. Open up a ticket with the moderator team and they will fix for you.

psf.JPG

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Go into your self serve account and look at your data usage. You'll likely see two entries of 5mb when you toggled your data on to send the message, but the pictures will say 0.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@RHemphill  hi you do not use data for mms picture messaging and yes as @ChuckYeah  said everytime you turn on your data 5mb are used as a buffer and then  returned afterward and its also possible a background app used some data if you toggle your airplane mode the 5.3 mb will be retuned to your total

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe the online account shows the size of the mms message but does not deduct it from your data at the end.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This should not be true; however, I understand when you activate your data each time, 5MB comes out. I'm not sure of the terminology off hand but it's a handshake sort or thing.

Need Help? Let's chat.