cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Message

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can I send picture messages even if I don't have Data plan. For example if I have $25 plan (Unlimited Province wide calling + Unlimited International Text ) but not data ? 

4 REPLIES 4

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sharry19, as the other's said, yes you can send picture messages with the $25 dollar plan, just make sure your data service on your phone is on, it won't send the message if it's not on.  Also, if you're on WIFI the message won't be sent either.  For some reason some people forget that.  Lastly, at least for me, if my data and WIFI are both on at the same time, the picture message does not get sent, I believe the WIFI signal takes priority, so I assume that's the same for other devices as well, so you may want to keep that in mind.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharry19In order to get it to work, you must enable data on your phone, and be properly connected to the Public Mobile data network.  You WILL NOT be charged for any data!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sharry19 wrote:

Can I send picture messages even if I don't have Data plan. For example if I have $25 plan (Unlimited Province wide calling + Unlimited International Text ) but not data ? 

Yes, MMS(picture message) is included even your plan does not have data.  For an example, the $10 50/50 plan can send and receive MMS message as long as you enable data on your phone to receive/send MMS.  Since PM plans are prepaid, there is no risk of being charge on pay-per-use basis.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
You sure can...   $25 30-days

• UNLIMITED  Talk Province-wide²
  • UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging

VOICEMAIL & Call Display

Need Help? Let's chat.