cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo messaging

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Anyone noticed that with photo text messages do not come through with wifi? 

Do you have a work for this if someone wants quickly and you photo  through  a message? 

I'm think other then email. I options but seeking advice to see if you all use something that be easier. 

6 REPLIES 6

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

on my Android 10 / Android Q dual sim phone (Fido for data / PM for txt and calls). it didnt work if the PM SIM is not using data. but I found out there is a setting that says "MMS Send / Receive when mobile data is OFF". I turn ON that setting and I can now send / receive MMS even if PM SIM has no data, provided that Fido has data or im using WIFI internet.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Naepalm it also depends on your phone. If you have Imessage and your texting imessage to imessage then you can recive photos over wifi. If you have an android you can download Google messages and use RCS (Rich Communications Service). RCS is googles version of imessage and public mobile supports it because it's on the Telus network. you can send and recive photos and videos over data or wifi with RCS just like Imessage.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

They never did.

Turn on your data

Data used for mms is not counted against your quota, even if you don't have data you can send mms.

Make sure your APN settings are correct

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm  data must be enabled for mms/ picture messaging to work. Also, if its an iPhone enable sms and mms in order for Android phones to send sms and mms messages to you. Stay safe. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm Hi your data must be on in order to  send or receive  MMS

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.