cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone

hazyjane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I end a phone call and also when I check my messages, thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14

@Jb456 wrote:

@kb_mv  how do you hangup? 😂

Put the handset on the hook like this:

E0C55715-50EF-4BF2-88A8-4C5E1C1D741B.jpeg

@hTideGnow wrote:

no joke.. that's why I always like flip phone/ clam phone.. just close the flip.. easy  

(except the smart flip phone is Way toooooooooooooo $$$$$) 

🙂

@hTideGnow I really miss the old flip phones. I wish they had one with a screen only on the top half or two separate screens top and bottom that was semi smart for occasional banking, GPS, web, etc. I have always looked for the smallest smart phones I can find. Unfortunately over the years the "small" or "mini" designation has morphed into something other than small or mini, usually meaning "not huge" lol.

no joke.. that's why I always like flip phone/ clam phone.. just close the flip.. easy  

(except the smart flip phone is Way toooooooooooooo $$$$$) 

🙂

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Obviously you are new to cell phones.  I would recommend you have someone help you search for a video that explains how to use your type of phone.  Many excellent videos are on youtube and you will learn lots of basics and tips.  

Welcome to Public Mobile 😊

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv  no time for kidding. These forums are serious business lol

@Anonymous wrote:

@kb_mv : No, it's remembering the past. Hang up comes from ancient history of the mic on a cable that you would return to a hanging hook which levers down to open "stop" the circuit.

Then the mic and speaker were combined in one piece but was placed on a cradle with buttons that opened the circuit. Then one had to press the Talk button of all things to stop a call. Now we have this little icon.

I'm astounded that the OP needed to ask how to stop a call to begin with. Oh well. We all need to learn these things.

@Anonymous I honestly thought @Jb456 was kidding. I sometimes forget that not everyone is tech savy. It's unusual in today's day and age but obviously still happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv : No, it's remembering the past. Hang up comes from ancient history of the (edit: oops - speaker...thanks ae_collector)mic on a cable that you would return to a hanging hook which levers down to open "stop" the circuit.

Then the mic and speaker were combined in one piece but was placed on a cradle with buttons that opened the circuit. Then one had to press the Talk button of all things to stop a call. Now we have this little icon.

I'm astounded that the OP needed to ask how to stop a call to begin with. Oh well. We all need to learn these things.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

I've been known to predict the future 🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210113_105937.jpg

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@Jb456 who knew you could foretell the future?

@hazyjane 

Usually there is a RED button. Press that to hang up.

Screenshot_20210113_105250.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Just hang up to end your call.

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

hazyjane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is a cell phone and not sure what number to press or icon to press to end as it always says are you still there?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@hazyjane wrote:

How do I end a phone call and also when I check my messages, thanks! 

@hazyjane Unless there is more to this than appears at first glance, in both cases simply hang up.

Need Help? Let's chat.