Phone

LT1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t access my SIM. Need PUK code

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LT1 use this link to start a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

if you use SIMon you will have a faster response time. all you have to do is tap on the chat bubbles then tap "submit ticket, click me"

SIMon chat bubbles-01.jpeg

submit ticket-01.jpeg

LT1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried Simon  Useless!  I tried to access my SIM by punching in my code  It ;ocked me out after 3 tries.  Then asked me to contact carrier for PUK code

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@LT1  if this is the first time you put your PM SIM into the phone and it asked for a SIM unlock code.  Then your phone is locked to your previous provider contact them and ask them to unlock it for you.  You will need your imei number dial *#06#  to get it.  

On the other hand, if you locked yourself out. Then contact the moderators and ask them to for your puk code. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LT1 if the PUK code is 8 digits long you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LT1 hi what is the message that you are getting did you just sign up is your phone locked there are are a couple of possible puk messages 

@LT1 wrote:

Can’t access my SIM. Need PUK code

First off, we need to know which type of PUK you need.

There is one that is security feature specific to the SIM card (a mdoerators needs to give you that). 

There is another called the SIM Network Unlock PUK.  That means that your phone is locked to another carrier (the carrier that the device is locked to or the manfuactuer would be needed to help you).

What's the exact on-screen message?

Need Help? Let's chat.