cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone

ToniPaul83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi I just activated my SIM card yesterday I can make a call but I can't text.

17 REPLIES 17

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

so you have trouble with send or receive the text, if you only can receive the text and cannot sending out, maybe because you run out all the text if you enroll in the $10 plan. If not this case, you need to see if your phone have problems. 

@ToniPaul83 , your sim did not provisioned correctly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@ToniPaul83 wrote:

I cannot send or receive texts

ToniPaul83

I cannot send or receive texts

@ToniPaul83  can you send and not receive texts?  Thanks. 

ToniPaul83

My data works as well

ToniPaul83

I can make a phone call.

ToniPaul83

Still having issues texting:(

@ToniPaul83  Can you send and not receive texts?  Its a all a symptom of a stuck port. The answer is the same. Either call the Telus porting department or contact the moderators, as mentioned in your previous posts.

@ToniPaul83 wrote:

Hi my texting is not working I took out the SIM card turned off the phone put the sims card back in  and turned the phone back on still not working.

@ToniPaul83 

Does your talk and data work?  

Is your plan active?

Is it SMS texts or MMS texts not working?

Maybe try to toggle airplane mode on, then off (this re-connects to PM network).  Network reset?   

Can also try the SIM card in another phone.  To help determine whether it is hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

ToniPaul83

Hi my texting is not working I took out the SIM card turned off the phone put the sims card back in  and turned the phone back on still not working.

ToniPaul83

Hi I just rebooted my phone to see if my texting would work and it never worked. I and using my same number from my old provider. Yes I transferring my same number.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can also try logging into your self-serve portal to verify your account.  Just to verify that all is in order.  From there you can setup your autopay and your referal code to give to your friends!

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Hope your issue gets sorted out quickly.

ToniPaul83

Ok I'll try rebooting my phone

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ToniPaul83  try restarting your phone.  You may have a stuck port, or an incorrectly provisioned SIM.  Contact the moderators and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@ToniPaul83 wrote:

hi I just activated my SIM card yesterday I can make a call but I can't text.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your phone# from another provider ?  Try rebooting your phone.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Need Help? Let's chat.