cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone worked perfectly on TELUS, now data won't work on Public

K-Town
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I was originally using TELUS and switched to Public Mobile.  I was using an unlocked LG V20 LS997 on 3G data with TELUS and now it won't connect at all. 

Calls and texts still work and I've tried playing with APN settings.  Can anyone confirm the APN settings or tell me what I should do?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@K-Town given that you have an LG phone, I would suggest you try the Network Reset feature to see if that resolves it.  After confirming APN and doing a network reset, if you still can't get data, you may need to back up all your data you wish to keep (that isn't already backed up or synced to a cloud service) and do a factory reset.  Many LG models have this issue when changing providers, even on the same network sadly.  You can thank LG!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There are many, many historical threads covering APN settings.  Here is one.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Note the orange ball with ? mark  in bottom right side of page. Click it and type APN settings. Follow the instructions. If talk and text are working...ensure that your data hasn't expired. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.