markgunn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you don't have an active long distance add-on

What do I do?

12 REPLIES 12

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@markgunn 

I'm on 15 plan if you give me the area code you are trying to reach I will look for a library or Walmart with that area code and will test it too

Thanks

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'll say it again, always be very informative when looking for help, vauge  topics result in everyone having to chase down the cause of your issue.

@markgunn wrote:

Tried putting "1" in front of the number, still won't connect. Just comes out with the"you don't have an active long distance add-on" then goes dead

Where are you calling? Outside of Canada??????

You may need to setup the PM APN settings if you use data.

APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

More info for particular devices:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Jared87

I ported my number and shows I have service and data yet none of my messages are going threw nor am I receiving any messages and none of my data is working ! 

@markgunn wrote:

Tried putting "1" in front of the number, still won't connect. Just comes out with the"you don't have an active long distance add-on" then goes dead

@markgunn  care to answer some of the other questions that have been asked so we can narrow the issue down

@markgunn wrote:

@markgunn  Are you on a limited minutes plan, ie: $15?  If you are maybe you've used up all your outgoing minutes and need to purchase the $5/500 Canada wide minutes to supplement it?

markgunn

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Which plan do you have ?  Try dailing 1 infront of the area code.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@markgunn 

You can try the Lost/stolen trick. Enable it from within your self service account. Wait 5 minutes take it off and restart your phone. If this fails contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon. Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

@markgunn wrote:

you don't have an active long distance add-on

What do I do?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

More details please.

Did you just sign up?

Did you port from another provider?

What kind of phone do you have?

Anything work on phone? Text/ data?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Have you tried dialing a 1 infront of number?

Can the person call you?

What area code are you trying to call? There's new ones in Canada....might be an issue...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @markgunn 

Can you check the number to make sure you are not mistyping?

Where are you trying to call and which plan do you have?

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.