cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't unlock.

mrtravistoole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to port my number from fido. Everything says I'm signed up with Public Mobile. The unlock pin says incorrect pin. Fido says it's the right pin. They gave me the puk code and that doesn't work either. Without service for two days and I'm losing money as this is a business phone. I need this up and running asap or I'm just going elsewhere. 

6 REPLIES 6

mrtravistoole

Samsung provided me a master unlock code. Problem solved. 

mrtravistoole

I contacted samsung who provided me with the master unlock code. Problem solved. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrtravistoole wrote:

Trying to port my number from fido. Everything says I'm signed up with Public Mobile. The unlock pin says incorrect pin. Fido says it's the right pin. They gave me the puk code and that doesn't work either. Without service for two days and I'm losing money as this is a business phone. I need this up and running asap or I'm just going elsewhere. 

If it's a Samsung then they've been good with providing unlock codes themselves directly instead of using the previous provider like normal.

What exact message does the phone give you when you start it with the PM SIM in?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mrtravistoole wrote:

@mrtravistooleIf you bought the phone from Fido, they should be able to unlock it for you if you call them. If they refuse for whatever reason- what is the model number of the phone? Most unlock codes can be purchasd online for $5 or so and be done within minutes.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mrtravistoole wrote:

@mrtravistoole if you can't unlock it, unfortunately "elsewhere" would limit you to Rogers, Fido, or Chatr (given that it's locked to the Rogers network currently).  I'm not sure what you expect anyone here to do to resolve this for you--only the carrier that provided the locked phone can unlock it for you after the fact--PM is not able to do that for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dollardaver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is an issue between you and fido. Have you looked up an unlocking video? Carefully input the # exactly as given to you be Fido? THis is not a public mobile problem, as you'd have the same issue with whomever you try to use unless the phone is properly unlocked via Fido. Maybe try popping by a Fido booth and plead desperation?

Good luck!

DD

Need Help? Let's chat.