cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't start with new SIM

tdog91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I signed up at the beginning of the month. Finally just figured out you have to create a community account that is seperate from public mobile account in order to get any help. My phone passed all the tests, I have confirmation that my new plan and number should be associated with this pin. The phone loads to 100% the new info then resets till infinity. Phone is an LG G5.

11 REPLIES 11

vlako030

Nice. Could this perhaps work on Iphone devices as well?

@tdog91 wrote:

The factory reset fixed it. The LG wants to be set up from factory with the new SIM etc it turns out. Thanks for help all! Btw is there a way I can contact a mod about maybe getting my 3/4 of a month of service back that I didn't get to use?

@tdog91 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

tdog91

The factory reset fixed it. The LG wants to be set up from factory with the new SIM etc it turns out. Thanks for help all! Btw is there a way I can contact a mod about maybe getting my 3/4 of a month of service back that I didn't get to use?

tdog91

Im currently perfomring the factory reset, next I will try that trick, ty!

Spoiler
@tdog91 

LG G5 - Reset Network Settings
  1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings > System > Reset. If there are multiple tabs to choose from in Settings, tap on the Menu icon (located in the upper-right) and tap List view.
  2. Tap Network settings reset.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. Tap Reset Settings.

@tdog91 wrote:

I bought this phone used recently. It passed the theft test and approved for the network in public mobile test.. Unfortunately don't have another Phone to test it on.

You can also try the lost stolen phone trick.

Logon to your Self-Serve account. Report the phone as lost. Wait 5 minutes. Report the phone as found again. Reboot your phone and see if it works.

tdog91

I bought this phone used recently. It passed the theft test and approved for the network in public mobile test.. Unfortunately don't have another Phone to test it on.

@tdog91 wrote:

I can use the Phone normally without the SIM.

Do you have another phone you can test the SIM with?

Btw who was your previous provider? Perhaps you may need to reset as @will13am suggested.

If you are saying the phone with SIM cannot connect to Public Mobile, perhaps there is a provisioning issue.

tdog91

I can use the Phone normally without the SIM.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tdog91 try doing a network reset and it that doesn't work factory reset.  LG phones seem to be notorious for problems when switching carriers.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@tdog91 wrote:

Hi I signed up at the beginning of the month. Finally just figured out you have to create a community account that is seperate from public mobile account in order to get any help. My phone passed all the tests, I have confirmation that my new plan and number should be associated with this pin. The phone loads to 100% the new info then resets till infinity. Phone is an LG G5.

Hi @tdog91 

Sounds like there could be a problem with your phone.

Are you able to reboot your phone without a SIM (or try it with another SIM?)

Also are you able to try out your SIM on another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.