cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't connect to the network

rj_jack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a Samsumg Galaxy A50 because it was supposed to be compatable with the Public Mobile network according to several sources. They sell them at Walmart and have plans for the phone with every cell provider I have heard of. I read some things about APN settings and fixed those. But nothing seems to work. I have full network bars, public mobile sent me a text, and the phone number the phone updated with is correct, and I have a credit on my account.

I'm clearly missing something, any suggestions?

Also, how do you speak with someone who actually works for public mobile?

16 REPLIES 16

rj_jack

Contacted a moderator. They found that my account was suspended for some reason, and turned the account on. Everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks for all the help.

@rj_jack wrote:

I tried swaping the SIM card into my old phone, but the phone seems to be locked. I says the SIM card is not registered.

This usually means that the sim card is not active, has been cancelled, or was never active to begin with. That error message 

isn't related to phone locking.

From earlier, you should also know that APN settings are only to enable data uaage. They do  

not control connection to the cellular network.

It's time for you to contact the moderators for help. "Sim not registered" isn't something on your end. There would appear to be no service provisioned to it.  Click on the question mark icon in the lower right lf fhe screen and submit a ticket to have the moderators correct this.

Dad1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are the account holder of the locked phone you need to call the service provider associated with the sim card for that old phone.

Have them unlock that phone and when that is completed insert the PM Mobile sim card to see if it works.

If you still have the original sim card for the old phone use that in the old phone to see if that phone still works.It will work only if the account has yet not been closed and you are the person with that account.

rj_jack

I tried swaping the SIM card into my old phone, but the phone seems to be locked. I says the SIM card is not registered.

rj_jack

It didn't work. I just get an error message saying try again.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Click on Settings (the gear wheel)

Click on About Phone

Click on Sim Status

Check your phone number, sevice state and network name.

If nothing, try re-installing your sim.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rj_jack wrote:

It says my account is active.

Samsung A50 should work with PM.

Is this a new activation?

If yes, it is time to try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

If no, try your PM SIM card on your old phone.

If your PM SIM card works in your old phone, put your PM SIM card back to A50 and restart your A50. Report result.

Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen...click on Suspend service then log out for a moment. Log back in repeat steps only this time Resume service, log out and restart phone again. Sometimes this will kick start your plan. let us know.

rj_jack

It says my account is active.

@rj_jackTry swapping your SIM card into another phone to make sure it is not your phone's problem. Public Mobile is cheap because the user have to do the DIY to figure out where the issue lies.

rj_jack

I've restarted and powered down the phone several times. It didn't help.

rj_jack

I'm not sure what you mean by netwrok area. I'm auto selecting LTE, 3G and 2G.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account / Plan Details...that should tell you what plan you've subscribed to and if it's Active.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rj_jack wrote:

I purchased a Samsumg Galaxy A50 because it was supposed to be compatable with the Public Mobile network according to several sources. They sell them at Walmart and have plans for the phone with every cell provider I have heard of. I read some things about APN settings and fixed those. But nothing seems to work. I have full network bars, public mobile sent me a text, and the phone number the phone updated with is correct, and I have a credit on my account.

I'm clearly missing something, any suggestions?

Also, how do you speak with someone who actually works for public mobile?

Try cycling phone off/on. There's nobody you can speak to here at PM. The closest we have is clicking on the ? in lower right sside of screen to start process of contacting a moderator for account relaated issues.

Let us know on the Community Forum if the off/on works.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@rj_jackSo you have phone service? What kind of network area you trying to connect?

Public Mobile doesn't have a call center. The only way to contact the employees is via the SIMon bot on the lower right hand corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.