cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone transfer not done after 24 hours

sarahG1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I bought a SIM card yesterday afternoon but couldn't use it until my iPhone 7 was unlocked by Apple. It is now unlocked as I have put the public mobile SIM card in my phone and it opens, but I do not have any service. My SIM card from my previous provider is seemingly still active as when I put that in, people can reach me at my number. I was told yesterday afternoon that the transfer would take 2-3hrs. What am I supposed to do now?

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sarahG1 wrote:

Hello, I bought a SIM card yesterday afternoon but couldn't use it until my iPhone 7 was unlocked by Apple. It is now unlocked as I have put the public mobile SIM card in my phone and it opens, but I do not have any service. My SIM card from my previous provider is seemingly still active as when I put that in, people can reach me at my number. I was told yesterday afternoon that the transfer would take 2-3hrs. What am I supposed to do now?

@sarahG1 Either the port is stuck or your account was not activated. Since you did not choose to pick a temp number and then port I'm assuming you haven't setup your selfserve account yet.

At this point your only option is to try the activation on your own. When entering the sim number if you get an Invalid SIM number error message then message the moderator team include your sim number and your email address and ask them to check your account and port.

If you are able to activate your card pick a temp number snd report back so that we can walk you through the port.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

tashoke

Hi, I just went through a similar issue. I went back to the store I activated my PM sim at and they were able to redo the port. Something had gone wrong with the original activation and had to be resent. If you activated online you'd have to contact a mod.

sarahG1

Thank you!!

sarahG1

Thank you I'll try that out!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@sarahG1Put your Public Mobile SIM card into another known working phone. If it doesnt' work that means there was a problem with the provisioning of your service.. Contacting the moderator will be the only course of action to get it straightened out.

Need Help? Let's chat.