cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone showin "No service"

nanciefm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure how long activation should take. Is there anyway of seen whe it will complete?

25 REPLIES 25

@hannahwalsh wrote:

I just reactivated an old account on a new phone, however it's showing "no service". I'm not sure what to do to fix it

If that old account was dormant for longer than 90 days...it's been closed down for good. You'll need a new sim, start a new account and a different email address.

hannahwalsh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just reactivated an old account on a new phone, however it's showing "no service". I'm not sure what to do to fix it

No problem @Jaclynnkeating that is why I tagged a mod for you as the whole site went througha transformation yesterday so that is why I included the link for you for the future as I understand usually when people come on here it is of an urgent nature and need help ASAP! Hope you are back up and running soon!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jaclynnkeating
Thank you for g
Your help

Jaclynnkeating
Ok thanks. I couldnt figure it out and had no time to try as I have sereral children here in my daycare.

@Jaclynnkeating  sorry to hear about this.  Replying to an older thread it may get lost I will tag a mod for you @Mary_M  so someone will be getting back to you shortly.  If you ever need some help again  I would suggest starting a new thread with your issue and also here is a great thread on how to contact mods for help   http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jaclynnkeating
Hi I just paid my phone this morning. It was due today Jan 19th 2017. It came out of my account but I dont have service. What is going in. This is a huge inconvenience. Please I need to know whats going on as I run a home daycare and need to be able to have service for emergencies and to contact the parents.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @nanciefm,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to our community!

Sorry to hear that you've come across a few bumps after your activation. I took a look at your account and everything is active - however the port generated an error in the back-end.

I've submitted a ticket to my back-end team, but the issue should be resolved within the next few hours. I suggest that you periodically power cycle your phone (ticket #7436067) I will be in the office until 5:30pm Montreal time - don't hesitate to send me a message throughout the day for an update.

I hope this helps 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
To build on what zhadj30 said when you send a private message to a moderator it goes into a pile that all moderators can see and respond to.

@nanciefm wrote:

I have tried all the suggestions without resolution. I send a private message to  @Shazia_K but is still showing offline. How do I find a mod that is online?

Don't worry about it. once a mod is online, they will send you a private message

nanciefm

I have tried all the suggestions without resolution. I send a private message to  @Shazia_K but is still showing offline. How do I find a mod that is online?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @nanciefm!

It sounds like a sim card issue.  

2 scenarios:  1. defective sim card.  2. error in entering sim card serial number.

You can rule out the second scenario above by signing into your selfserve and then click on "Plans and Add-ons" and then click on "Change sim".  There should be a box to enter/update your sim serial number.  Re-enter the sim number printed on the back of your sim card or under the barcode on the larger card.  

If the issue is narrowed down to a defective sim card, one of the mods will help you by shipping a new sim card.  Mods will be online tomorrow morning at 9am EST. 

diveman

If you haven't already tried, turn the phone off with a hard reset (power and home) and let it startup again. Worked on my iPhone 7plus. 

dearmusic

Are you in a basement? Have you tried it at open street?

Are you in a city?

I guess the best thing is to wait for a mod to check the status of te port and then continue troubleshooting if that wasnt the probleme. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hmm well if the account looks good and you've already tried SIM in another unlocked phone with no luck sounds like the card might be defective Robot Frustrated

nanciefm

@canucks4life wrote:

Might just need a carrier update have you tried plugging into iTunes on computer?

Tried that but no update offered.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Might just need a carrier update have you tried plugging into iTunes on computer?

nanciefm

It is on IOS 10.2. Network set to auto.

Not resetting phone. THis should work without that.

@nanciefm wrote:

It is in a iPhone 6S. I tried the SIM in a iPhone 7 and same result. LTE is enabled.

Seems like activation didn't complete properly. Remove the sim and reboot the phone after a bit. 

If still the same issue tomorrow, send private message to a mod and they will check your account from their end. @Shazia_K

Vickel

Check in your settings and select automatic for network if it's not already selected 

Can also try updating your phone

I know when I first activated an iPhone 5 it took about 10 minutes to find service and would go no service to service couple times a day, but that was when the phone was on iOS 8. Since I upgrade to iOS 10 I've had no issues

If nothing else works try to do a reset on the phone 

just saw the reply above, might be a SIM card issue

send a private message to a mod for assistance

nanciefm

It is in a iPhone 6S. I tried the SIM in a iPhone 7 and same result. LTE is enabled.

@nanciefm wrote:

Account is active and payment went through. Still "No Service" on phone. Phone is unlocked and has been on a couple of different networks. 

What phone is it? Make sure Network Type is LTE in settings. 

If possible, try the sim in another unlocked phone. 

nanciefm

Account is active and payment went through. Still "No Service" on phone. Phone is unlocked and has been on a couple of different networks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It should be instant. Log into your self-serve account and see if your plan is active. 

Is your phone unlocked? Or locked to Telus or Koodo?

Did your payment go through?

Need Help? Let's chat.