cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service not working

Juvy87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

21321323.png

Hello, I'm having an issue with one of my lines.

I had no service on this line for 2 days now and I just dont understand why.

I have the same card on autopay with another line and that line is fine, it works.

But for some reason, this line says I have no funds?

It says my amount due is 0, and I have a credit balance of $15, with autopay enabled.

So why doesn't this line work?

34 REPLIES 34

Good to know that it's working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear.

Tyler2727

The lost phone trick worked, thanks!  Hopefully there will be no more issues with the service.

If it is not working after the lost phone trick then contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tyler2727

Yes my plan says active. I am on auto renewal, and my credit card is working.  This happened last month, 1 day before the auto renewal I had no service.  But this time it has been not working - no calls, texting or data for 1 week.  I will try the lost phone trick.

When you log into your self-serve account is it showing active?  You could try the lost phone trick.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone.

If you still have problems then you would need to wait for a moderator to respond.

Tyler2727

I have had no phone service for 1 weeek.  I have contacted the moderator, verified my account and nothing.

Mistydchase84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It didnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

If I do the lost and stolen trick will it charge him any extra or will it just be the same as it was

It shouldn't. (famous last words) If it does then tell the moderators and they'll put it back as Available Funds. I'm not confident it will fix the problem in this case but it won't hurt anything. Another "trick" is to manually add another $1 and then restart the phone. If it doesn't fix the problem then you just have an extra dollar in your account to use towards your next renewal. Again...in this case I think you need the moderators. But give them a whirl...the moderators take way too long to reply these days.

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

If I do the lost and stolen trick will it charge him any extra or will it just be the same as it was

@Mistydchase84  No, it will not change anything. It is recommended because it works kinda like a soft reset in the hopes that it wake up the plan.Smiley Happy

Mistydchase84

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

Sorry I don't have patience when the phone is being used as a work phone and he can't call or call out for jobs this is ridiculous he is stuck in the city with nothing and he has to drive an hour back home just to figure out what's going on and then go back know this phone company is ridiculous there is no need for anybody to wait for two days to talk to a phone company

Notwithstanding non-stop glitches happening around here the last couple months...you came here for the rates. This is how the rates can be low...not paying people standing by in a call centre.

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

His renewal date was on the 29th and he put money on it today and yes on his account online it shows active but nothing is working

Ok try the lost/stolen trick...keep us update..

Mistydchase84

His renewal date was on the 29th and he put money on it today and yes on his account online it shows active but nothing is working

Mistydchase84

Sorry I don't have patience when the phone is being used as a work phone and he can't call or call out for jobs this is ridiculous he is stuck in the city with nothing and he has to drive an hour back home just to figure out what's going on and then go back know this phone company is ridiculous there is no need for anybody to wait for two days to talk to a phone company

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

He is on a $35 plan and he just talked up today so I don't understand what is going on

When is his renewal date? Can he see it in his self-serve account? And does his account shows ACTIVE?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

He is on a $35 plan and he just talked up today so I don't understand what is going on

Is the renewal right around now? If so then yes it seems you're another one of todays problem.

Mistydchase84

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

Thank you I will try that but I've been sending messages all day to mod team and nobody's responded to me at all I've think this company is just ridiculous

@Mistydchase84  You have every right to be frustrated. Many are reporting issues with plan renewals hopefully PM makes an announcement soon.

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

Thank you I will try that but I've been sending messages all day to mod team and nobody's responded to me at all I've think this company is just ridiculous

Just 1 message is ok. You will be in a queue and they will answer you in the next 2 days usually.

Not ridiculous ...but a little different...learn patience here!!!Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

I need help my boyfriend just put minutes on his phone and he has no calling or texting his service is not working his bill is paid and he has $10 extra on his account so please somebody help me now and let me know what's going on

What plan is he on? If the $10 plan then maybe he has used all his minutes and texts.

Mistydchase84

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

This is not his first time hooking up through Public Mobile with this phone he's going on his second month now and he put his minutes on the phone he still has $10 in his account and his service says say on his online account that everything is working but he cannot call and he cannot text anyone his phone number is XXXXXXXXXX

Don't post any personal information here...we are customers like you...

You could try the lost phone trick.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

But if nothing help write a private message to the moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

Mistydchase84

This is not his first time hooking up through Public Mobile with this phone he's going on his second month now and he put his minutes on the phone he still has $10 in his account and his service says say on his online account that everything is working but he cannot call and he cannot text anyone his phone number is xxx-yyy-zzzz.

phone number removed by stonechucker to protect consumer's privacy.

@Mistydchase84 wrote:

I need help my boyfriend just put minutes on his phone and he has no calling or texting his service is not working his bill is paid and he has $10 extra on his account so please somebody help me now and let me know what's going on

Can you give us more details??? New plan? New phone? Is his self-serve account shows ACTIVE or SUSPENDED on the first page? Did he try this site to check compatibility with public mobile...willmyphonework.net ?

Mistydchase84

@Juvy87 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Juvy87  So you had the $10 plan and midway you did an immediate plan change to the $25 plan. From your screenshot during the renewal your account got messed up because PM tried to renew thSe $10 plan thus ignoring you immediate plan change.

This can only be fixed by the moderator team. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

435345455.png

Ah yes, I see it now. Under "My plan" it says I am on the $25 plan. But under Current Plan Cycle it shows the $10 plan. Weird. I really need this done asap since the line is not mine and the person is requesting to get it fixed. Can I just manually add funds into the account to get the line working again and hopefully a mod can help fix the issue it when one is available? 

Thanks for all your help 

@Juvy87 Not sure it will work but since it's urgent and it might take a while to hear back from the mods it's worth a try. After you make payment of its still not working try the lost stolen reset trick.

While you are waiting for moderator, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Juvy87

@geopublic wrote:

@Juvy87  So you had the $10 plan and midway you did an immediate plan change to the $25 plan. From your screenshot during the renewal your account got messed up because PM tried to renew the $10 plan thus ignoring you immediate plan change.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

435345455.png

Ah yes, I see it now. Under "My plan" it says I am on the $25 plan. But under Current Plan Cycle it shows the $10 plan. Weird. I really need this done asap since the line is not mine and the person is requesting to get it fixed. Can I just manually add funds into the account to get the line working again?

Thanks for all your help 

EDIT: I added 10 dollars and the line works. Still need mods help to change it so it doesn't happen again 

@Juvy87  So you had the $10 plan and midway you did an immediate plan change to the $25 plan. From your screenshot during the renewal your account got messed up because PM tried to renew the $10 plan thus ignoring you immediate plan change.

Juvy87

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Juvy87 wrote:

21321323.png

Hello, I'm having an issue with one of my lines.

I had no service on this line for 2 days now and I just dont understand why.

I have the same card on autopay with another line and that line is fine, it works.

But for some reason, this line says I have no funds?

It says my amount due is 0, and I have a credit balance of $15, with autopay enabled.

So why doesn't this line work?

Are you setting up a new account and it doesn't work...is that right ?

You can use the same credit card for more than 1 account but each account needs a unique email address.

This was already set up and has been working for a month now. But for some reason, I'm getting the no funds issue. I thought it was the card, but the other line works so now I'm not so sure. In the middle of the first month, when the line was working, I switched plans into the $25/1gb plan during the cycle, I'm not sure if this caused the issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.