cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone's compatibility

Za11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I do have an Nokia 5.1 double sim card. I do only have a GSM Supported compatibility.. Is there still a possibility for me to get a plan with publicmobile? 

Thanks

Za

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cavemantoronto wrote:

You need exact model number. Nokia makes different phones of same name and some won't won't work. 

@Za11 if your phone is the model sold in the APAC, EMEA, HK regions, then it is NOT a good choice for Public Mobile as it is misisng 1900 MHz 3G frequency.  If it's the version sold in the LATAM, AU, TW regions, then you are okay as it has both 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G, as well as many useful LTE bands. If it's the verison sold for India, GSM Arena only seems to list 2G (which only Rogers/Fido/Chatr offer in Canada, and only until the end of 2020) and 4G but with only one compatible band.  It appears the version sold in India is nearly completely incompatible with Public Mobile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Za11 wrote:

Hello,

I do have an Nokia 5.1 double sim card. I do only have a GSM Supported compatibility.. Is there still a possibility for me to get a plan with publicmobile? 

You need exact model number. Nokia makes different phones of same name and some won't won't work. What is exact model number? Set to 3g only networks do a network scan. Does Telus or Bell show in list?

hogas123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can test your phone compatibility during the sign up process simply enter the asked for information on the phone and it will say if your phone is compatable.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should work if it supports bands 850 and 1900.

To test whether your phone i’s compatibility with our network and not marked as lost or stolen, click here.Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Za11, GSM (2G) is not available on the Public Mobile network.  You need at least 3G, 850/1900 Mhz capability to use this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.