cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan not working

Ctmurphy95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I just switched to public today from Fido and I cannot recieve incoming calls but I can outward call and my data works. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

Ctmurphy95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for all replies.

I switched over 24hours ago and my number has still not ported from Fido but I can still call outward and use my data.

Any suggestions?

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ctmurphy95  It is normal during the porting process to be able to make calls and texts upon SIM activation but not be able to receive calls to your number because it is still tied to Fido and public mobile is waiting for them to release your number. You can continue to use your FIDO sim card until the port to PM is complete. 

You will receive a text from Public Mobile to confirm the port was successful.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ctmurphy95 wrote:

Hi, 

I just switched to public today from Fido and I cannot recieve incoming calls but I can outward call and my data works. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,

Chris

@Ctmurphy95  Porting from FIDO can take more than 24 hours to complete. Need to be patient and best to just keep using your FIDO sim until it stops working.

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Simple things to try:

- reboot phone

- check your phone number. Did you port your phone number successfully? Or do you have a new phone number

- Can you access your voicemail from your phone

Also describe issue in more detail: what happens when somebody calls your #? Does the caller get voicemail, or busy tone?

Can you try to put the SIM in another phone to see if incoming calls work. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ctmurphy95 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks,

Chris

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  

If your Fido SIM is still working, continue to use it until it stops working which is the indication that Fido had released your number to PM.  Then start using your new PM SIM card.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port (transfer)  your phone# ?

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

Here is more info about porting.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number.

If it has been several hours then contact a moderator for assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.