cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Ottzuma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm looking to get a phone plan and am wondering if I can keep my old phone number from Rogers? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Dragonstongue

You get 3 years of Loyalty Rewards, a $3 discount every month (along with whatever other Rewards you get). So Loyalty Reward has already discounted you between $37 and $72, will save you another $48 next year, another $60 the year after that, etc. Loyalty Reward is not much by itself but it does eventually add up.

Compared vs other carriers who only reward your loyalty by trying to upsell you more stuff.

Dragonstongue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent wrote:

Public MobileHello@Ottzuma

as the solution was presented, and is now solved

I myself want to chip in, I was for a few years a "satified" Telus customer, I took over my brothers account that he had in Alberta (previously had in Ontario, ported to Alberta) it took me a bit of time to understand how Public Mobile handles things (via self-serve as well as Community)

I have now been with Public Mobile for over 2 years (3 come Jan 5 2021 edit)

I am a very happy customer of PM as they not only handle any problems quickly and to my satisfaction but also save me expenses on a month to month basis (matters a great deal to my income level)

Then there is the side that they use the Telus "backbone" for the telecommunications, I rarely ever had any issue since day 1, hopefully as time goes on it will become ever more "robust" a network, at the very least untill I can afford a "truly" modern smartphone.

Kudos that you hopefully swapped from Rogers to Public Mobile (via number porting..I hope it was successful to meet your needs)

double Kudos to Public Mobile and Community to make this a great place to be for our telecommunication needs (phone, data, text)

o7

Promos and deals are always nice. Save an extra ten or twenty bucks, get some more data, get a whole month (the second month) of service free, etc. You never known exactly what PM will offer next, or when, or where, or for how long. But if you can wait a month or three (and periodically check into the Announcements section of this forum) then you'll score something good eventually.

But PM is usually flat-out cheaper even without any specials, promos, deals, or gifts. By signing up now at unexciting ordinary PM plans and prices you might immediately lower your monthly phone bill and basically come out ahead within a month or two. Depends on what you pay for what you get now, but the math with a straight side-by-side comparison is often quite convincing.

@Ottzuma  Just a reminder that your account with rogers must be active to port your number to public mobile. The porting process once complete will close your rogers account.

Sign up for deal alerts on the plans page on the public mobile website. Fingers crossed they will  announce one on Friday. You can often get a free SIM card at Wal-Mart with an in store activation. Call ahead to your local Wal-Mart to see if they are offering this deal. If you're in the West London drugs and the mobile shop will often match this deal. Call them as well. If you live in Vancouver the small business go mobile repair located near Broadway and Alberta st (2 blks east of cambie) always offers a free SIM with in store activations.

Ottzuma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for this 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Public MobileHello@Ottzuma

Thanks for reaching us. I add the link with all Public Mobile plans bellow:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#plans-start

In regards to the port, you can keep your Rogers phone number.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ottzuma as @Staliger said, you can tranfer/port your number over from Rogers. Its recommended that you activate your SIM with a temporary PM number and set up your self service/ my account. Then initiate your port from within. This gives you a safety net in case something goes wrong.  To port your number your Rogers account must be active . Welcome to PM. 

@Ottzuma wrote:

Hello, I'm looking to get a phone plan and am wondering if I can keep my old phone number from Rogers? 

Here's the porting guide that will assist you.

Also don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can open with a temporary number then Port right out of selfserve

If you walk into Walmart and activate it there they can do it for you. You can also use your referral there

Welcome to public mobile

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Ottzuma wrote:

@Ottzuma Yes, you can port your old number to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.